Swing help-video included

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Or the front leg abducting while the core is still engaged as the hands pull back lengthening the anterior oblique sling (rear pec, rear external oblique, lead internal oblique and front leg adductors) while at the same time shortening the posterior oblique sling of the rear lat, TLF and front glute. :) - Relax the core and you ignite the opposite slings that will whip the hands through the zone!

Some people will refer to this as "walking away from the hands". Take notice to the front foot in relationship to the hands. Duplicating that sequence will help with the hips to going first. This gif shows that very well, IMO.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Or the front leg abducting while the core is still engaged as the hands pull back lengthening the anterior oblique sling (rear pec, rear external oblique, lead internal oblique and front leg adductors) while at the same time shortening the posterior oblique sling of the rear lat, TLF and front glute. :) - Relax the core and you ignite the opposite slings that will whip the hands through the zone!

I said this ^ word for word to my young DD. She stared blankly at me for a few quiet seconds, lost in contemplation. As I watched her attempt to process this information, I suddenly saw the lightbulb ignite behind her beautiful eyes, and her brain begin to spin at full speed. With a sudden burst of eagerness and excited anticipation she said, "Daddy, let's go get some ice cream!"

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

I said this ^ word for word to my young DD. She stared blankly at me for a few quiet seconds, lost in contemplation. As I watched her attempt to process this information, I suddenly saw the lightbulb ignite behind her beautiful eyes, and her brain begin to spin at full speed. With a sudden burst of eagerness and excited anticipation she said, "Daddy, let's go get some ice cream!"

Personally I enjoy the technical explanations (and Buttermaker is good at it), but this is one of the best posts I have seen in a long time. Nicely done Eric!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
In Buttermaker's defense(not that he needs defending) this is the Technical Hitting Thread. Yeah, he uses them 'fancy words' to describe body movements. Sometimes one needs to use the correct anatomical terms so there are no confusion on what body parts are moving or need to move. I for one had no clue what internal, external rotation,abduction or eversion ect...meant when I first started my journey. If you want to play along you need to educate yourself. JMHO.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
In Buttermaker's defense(not that he needs defending) this is the Technical Hitting Thread. Yeah, he uses them 'fancy words' to describe body movements. Sometimes one needs to use the correct anatomical terms so there are no confusion on what body parts are moving or need to move. I for one had no clue what internal, external rotation,abduction or eversion ect...meant when I first started my journey. If you want to play along you need to educate yourself. JMHO.
...and it did turn a dinker into a homerun hitter in one weekend! :eek:

May 24, 2013
So Cal

I was just poking fun. I appreciate Butter's input, even if I struggle to keep up many times, or don't necessarily agree with all of it (the jury is still out on some of it, too). At the end of it all, this is - for many of us - about teaching young hitters. Understanding it ourselves is part of the battle, for sure. How to translate that to the head of our kid is a different challenge.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I tried to "Dislike" your post but there isn't a button. Only because you like to Eggeserate to prove a point.

You can give me "reputation" points. Not sure how, but you wouldn't be the first....or the second....or the.........

I am having fun, but it is actually close.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hahhaha! You figured it out! My wife just said "wtf are you giggling about?"

You're a genieass

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck