Critique my kids swing!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m w rolling hard. Learn how to load and stride and getting off the backside before swinging. She is stuck on her backside now.

1708271350346.gif

I teach to create flexion of the spine to move forward while maintaining posture or keeping the chest and hands up. It balances your body while on one leg mostly and loads your ‘rubber band’. After the foot gets down you can swing. Try to swing more level or down so you can hit line drives .This keeps your path shorter. Post progress so you can get help thereafter. It’s a process especially online.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
With a batter and pitches coming in... should not have an unprotected person behind the plate. They should definitely be in full catching gear in that situation!
That and more preferable to be in a Crouch as standing upright is a larger target to get pegged repeatedly.
This is the most important advice you’ve received so far. If you don’t believe a foul tip from a 10 year old can do major damage you’re in serious danger. At minimum you should have a face mask. Getting hit anywhere else can be just a very painful reminder.
Not to mention you’re modeling very dangerous behavior for others.

Jan 16, 2024
I’m w rolling hard. Learn how to load and stride and getting off the backside before swinging. She is stuck on her backside now.

View attachment 29415

I teach to create flexion of the spine to move forward while maintaining posture or keeping the chest and hands up. It balances your body while on one leg mostly and loads your ‘rubber band’. After the foot gets down you can swing. Try to swing more level or down so you can hit line drives .This keeps your path shorter. Post progress so you can get help thereafter. It’s a process especially online.
Do you have any drills that would be best,?

Jan 16, 2024
This is the most important advice you’ve received so far. If you don’t believe a foul tip from a 10 year old can do major damage you’re in serious danger. At minimum you should have a face mask. Getting hit anywhere else can be just a very painful reminder.
Not to mention you’re modeling very dangerous behavior for others.
That’s the pitchers mom… lol so you all can kind of get off that subject. If others don’t have common sense on what’s safe for them then idk. I’m not here to be a role model lol focus on the hitter & critique that please ☺️ & she has her daughters softball helmet on lol she’s protected.

Oct 25, 2009
That’s the pitchers mom… lol so you all can kind of get off that subject. If others don’t have common sense on what’s safe for them then idk. I’m not here to be a role model lol focus on the hitter & critique that please ☺️ & she has her daughters softball helmet on lol she’s protected.
Whether we like it or not we’re all role models to someone. I’m sure there are kids that read and view these posts. Other than that point I agree that adults can make their own decisions.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Do you have any drills that would be best,?
She has no shift so I would study the propulsion portion of my last post. Getting locomotion vertically is the most consistent by far. Try to feel and understand it. Mimic the gif I posted. Ask questions if not sure..

Also Work off a tee down the middle. From different heights. Have her chest pointed at a middle height pitch during her ‘load’ no matter the height of the tee. She can adjust once she gets her foot down. Hit line drives from all heights. This will train her on how to move and react correctly.

Dry swings work also. Start very flexed and over the plate(middle pitch)and load stride and adjust for an imaginary high pitch. Do the same and adjust for an imaginary low pitch, then a change up. We always set our posture for a middle to lower pitch. Once her posture is good I would worry about her path which should be easy to maintain when you stay on top and think line drives not fly balls.

Until the basic pattern is functional you don’t need any drills. Or until the fundamentals are in place ‘drills’ are eyewash.

Oct 25, 2009
She has no shift so I would study the propulsion portion of my last post. Getting locomotion vertically is the most consistent by far. Try to feel and understand it. Mimic the gif I posted. Ask questions if not sure..

Also Work off a tee down the middle. From different heights. Have her chest pointed at a middle height pitch during her ‘load’ no matter the height of the tee. She can adjust once she gets her foot down. Hit line drives from all heights. This will train her on how to move and react correctly.

Dry swings work also. Start very flexed and over the plate(middle pitch)and load stride and adjust for an imaginary high pitch. Do the same and adjust for an imaginary low pitch, then a change up. We always set our posture for a middle to lower pitch. Once her posture is good I would worry about her path which should be easy to maintain when you stay on top and think line drives not fly balls.

Until the basic pattern is functional you don’t need any drills. Or until the fundamentals are in place ‘drills’ are eyewash.
I would strongly advise not to model that particular gif. Especially for a young batter. There isn’t much drive of the lower half. Too much spin. The rear foot has squash the bug tone. Letting go of the bat with one arm is definitely not good for a young batter. Much better examples available.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Trying to achieve a stretched core at foot down is the micro goal.. while timing a ball that doesn’t have a location yet. So being in a position of leverage/power into and through committal is the goal. I’ll post some examples of what is good. You can always compare your dd swing to great hitters and learn where youve gone wrong or right😀

1708275177305.gif

Pretty basic loading patterns. Fundamentally sound. See the core ‘snap’ after the hips drop? That’s the goal..

1708275863107.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I would strongly advise not to model that particular gif. Especially for a young batter. There isn’t much drive of the lower half. Too much spin. The rear foot has squash the bug tone. Letting go of the bat with one arm is definitely not good for a young batter. Much better examples available.

Yeah we know you like linear pushing. Do you even know what you’re looking at? OMG Barry are you spinning?? lol amateur hour..

1708276144336.gif

You should ask ‘why’ first 😆

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles