Critique my kids swing!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Trying to achieve a stretched core at foot down is the micro goal.. while timing a ball that doesn’t have a location yet. So being in a position of leverage/power into and through committal is the goal. I’ll post some examples of what is good. You can always compare your dd swing to great hitters and learn where youve gone wrong or right😀

View attachment 29416

Pretty basic loading patterns. Fundamentally sound. See the core ‘snap’ after the hips drop? That’s the goal..

View attachment 29418
Much better use of lower half.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
OP,

Barry’s stance is great to mimic w the dry swings. This is what I mean by flexed. You’re very compact and ready to extend where and when needed.

1708277417258.gif

On another note watch the core elongate then contract 💥 money move. Partially from maintaining posture and partially from getting the foot down w timing(hip drop(stretch)and also partially from swinging(hips work up after).. BOOM!!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You’re not really saying that is foot spin are you? I can discuss things with you but I won’t if you’re going to stoop to name calling.

Calling you an amateur is purely based off your analysis. Nothing personal. Kinda like your ‘hips turn hands drag’ mantra that you swear is right, even though every pro has said otherwise..

the back foot is different bc of timing and force input. Always has been always will be. You just haven’t learned that yet.. amateur analysis.. folks like you who learned hitting 10 years ago and then stopped learning can’t hang in todays convos so you cry victim. Sounds like a ‘you’ problem doesn’t it?

He has a better lower half?? More amateur analysis. What does that even mean. You’re just spewing catch phrases to be right. Understand that when you speak to me I’ll ask for an explanation. I will hold you accountable.

You know Barry’s back foot never got to his toes early. why? He was spinning? HA! No. He just waited a Loonngggg time so there wasn’t much foot action to see. Not much ‘lower half’. He let the ball come into his arc not the other way around. Food for thought? Why yes it is? Will you eat or starve yourself? Dive deeper if you really want to be informed of what you’re looking at. Don’t cry.

Aug 20, 2017
OP DD doesn’t have time to get off her backside due to starting too late. If she doesn’t get started sooner, there isn’t any drill to help her. The feet together drill will help only if she starts to float forward prior to the ball being released

Oct 25, 2009
I like bat “lag”, not bat “drag”.
I’ll try not to engage with you in the future. I don’t like your know-it-all and pissy attitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles