Stopping shoulder rotation in swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I gotcha the first time and as I stated I don't believe you need to fully extend for problems to occur regarding creating a corner, being short to, etc. Also, FYI weight doesn't shift anymore than the length of your nose shifts...So are you talking about a shift in COM or COP?

Anyway, I am done arguing as it has nothing to do with OP, so no need to answer above question. You win, according to Donny Buster,
aka The God of Swing Mechanics, Griffey doesn't arm-bar. Happy?
Also, for its worth, I liked his presentation. Doesn't mean I need to take everything he says as truth.

Wow ... you keep digging.

Not only are you playing the game of attempting to redefine 'arm bar' ... but you appear ready to redefine 'short to'.

Griffey's swing does not represent an 'arm bar' issue or a 'short to' issue.

Jun 8, 2016
Wow ... you keep digging.

Not only are you playing the game of attempting to redefine 'arm bar' ... but you appear ready to redefine 'short to'.

Griffey's swing does not represent an 'arm bar' issue or a 'short to' issue.

Never said Griffey had issues with "short to", although his "short to" isn't as short as most elite hitters demonstrate imo. What I am saying is that 9 out of 10 kids would push from that regardless of where their COP was during max extension.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Never said Griffey had those problems, although his "short to" isn't as short as most elite hitters demonstrate imo. What I am saying is that 8 out of 10 kids would push from that regardless of where their COP was during max extension.

Where did you grab the stats of "8 out of 10 kids would push from that"

You keep guessing. Why?

You have me scratching my head.

You speak negatively of Griffey’s early-lead-arm-extension (elae), yet elae makes it relatively easy to promote a leveraged swing.

This girl leverages her swing poorly. You yourself acknowledge the lack of whip. Yet she has what you seem to desire ... no elae ... which will make it more difficult for her to learn to leverage her swing.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Never said Griffey had issues with "short to", although his "short to" isn't as short as most elite hitters demonstrate imo. What I am saying is that 9 out of 10 kids would push from that regardless of where their COP was during max extension.

Now you revise your made-up stats to "9 out of 10 kids would push from that".

Let's see the full swing clip in which you are not happy with Griffey's "short to".

Jun 8, 2016
Where did you grab the stats of "8 out of 10 kids would push from that"
From the same place you are when you ignore the fact that hardly any elite hitters get into Griffey's position before launch..MY rear.
Here I know how to end this argument, you have a bunch of hitters supposedly. SHOW ME 3 (hell 2) of them that get into
Griffey's position before launch and don't push. I'll be waiting patiently.

Jun 8, 2016
Now you revise your made-up stats to "9 out of 10 kids would push from that".

Let's see the full swing clip in which you are not happy with Griffey's "short to".

I did..it was a random number to make a point and I though 9 out of 10 made it better than 8 out of 10...

Jun 8, 2016
I did..it was a random number to make a point and I though 9 out of 10 made it better than 8 out of 10...

I said it wasn't as short as other elite hitters, Miggy and Bonds come to mind. I already acknowledged, multiple times, that a) I love the way Griffey's swing flows..beautiful and
b) if my kid had that swing and was raking I wouldn't say a word.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32