Stopping shoulder rotation in swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
You still can't seem to acknowledge that you keep blowing smoke.

I truly wish you well Pattar.

Again, to show that what I said was wrong, e.g. that most kids who would push from where Griffey is, all you need to show me is 2 (ok even 1!!)
kid(s) who do not. Again, how many MLB hitters or high level softball players get into that position before launch. Nomar comes to mind, anybody else?
Now you could say that Griffey hit 600+ HR because of it but as The Gatekeeper of the Hanson Principle the fact that a majority of MLB hitters don't get into
that position must mean something to you, no??

Jun 8, 2016
Lol ... you are still playing games Pattar.

You are welcome to visit with me and my hitters personally. Bring your hitters with you.

You know I only have 1 hitter (ok 2 but the other is 3) and I have shown her, flaws and all.
I've also shown my garbage swing..

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
This is all wonderful, but do you see "significant whipping action" in this swing? I don't..looks like the air she is swinging has the viscosity of molasses..

Does OP have a full speed video??

First yes this is a full speed video.

Secondly, I understand what FF5 is describing by whipping action. I've seen it as well in young kids swinging a bat.

As far as air is like molasses. What kind of whipping bat speed do you expect out of 8yo's . LOL- I don't know about you, but most look like they are swing through molasses. You cant look at it through a lens of MLB players swing a bat.

Jun 8, 2016
First yes this is a full speed video.

Secondly, I understand what FF5 is describing by whipping action. I've seen it as well in young kids swinging a bat.

As far as air is like molasses. What kind of whipping bat speed do you expect out of 8yo's . LOL- I don't know about you, but most look like they are swing through molasses. You cant look at it through a lens of MLB players swing a bat.

I agree, that was a bit harsh my apologies. My bickering with FFS got the best of me. Her swing has improved a lot since you first posted, keep at it.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Again, to show that what I said was wrong, e.g. that most kids who would push from where Griffey is, all you need to show me is 2 (ok even 1!!)
kid(s) who do not. Again, how many MLB hitters or high level softball players get into that position before launch. Nomar comes to mind, anybody else?
Now you could say that Griffey hit 600+ HR because of it but as The Gatekeeper of the Hanson Principle the fact that a majority of MLB hitters don't get into
that position must mean something to you, no??

Has your interest not shifted to "launch position". Perhaps review the 300+ page thread on that topic at BBD.

Wish you well Pattar.

Jun 8, 2016
Has your interest not shifted to "launch position". Perhaps review the 300+ page thread on that topic at BBD.

Wish you well Pattar.

Well getting full or almost full extension after launch, on some pitch locations, is a good thing no? Hence my qualifying statement.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I agree, that was a bit harsh my apologies. My bickering with FFS got the best of me. Her swing has improved a lot since you first posted, keep at it.

Bickering? Didn't you initiate this discussion with a comment that you didn't wish to argue?

Funny how those that say they don't wish to argue, seem to be the one's that do wish to argue.

Jun 8, 2016
Bickering? Didn't you initiate this discussion with a comment that you didn't wish to argue?

Funny how those that say they don't wish to argue, seem to be the one's that do wish to argue.

No I initiated this discussion with my comment that imo Griffey arm-bars...the bickering started when you called
me lazy...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Well getting full or almost full extension after launch, on some pitch locations, is a good thing no? Hence my qualifying statement.

It is perfectly fine for the lead arm to extend during a hitter's stride. Some of us consider that to be a good thing. That is not occurring for this girl. Speaking negatively of the lead-arm extending won't help this girl IMO.

To answer your question ... yes, the lead-arm can become fully extended, or near fully extended, on certain pitch locations. The lead-arm can be thought of as a hitting lever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG