Sorry bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
We've had several CF4s/CF5s crack (after use, admittedly), we have two old "blue" Eastons from many years ago still going strong. I think the dual-wall composites absolutely crack with use. I don't like end-loaded Anderson's but maybe time to try a Nanotech....I agree I don't like to spend $300 per season or more on bats.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, I say return them, also. If you have the receipt, the bats have a one year warranty on them. If there is nothing physically wrong with the bat, they will test it and you get it back.

I am another person, that will not support Easton, though. Good luck.

Jun 22, 2008
My daughter had similar experiences with the Rocketechs. She is by no means a power hitter, 5' 4" 120 lbs dripping wet and a lefty slapper to boot. She was going through 3 Rocketechs a year until I finally got fed up and tried something else. She loved the bat, but I got tired of them getting flat spots and splitting open. She had one that literally was a triangle. She had the copper color Worth Quad for awhile and loved the bat but when it went dead and was replaced with the red version under warranty it was not nearly the same bat. She eventually decided she liked the purple Synergy and is still using it now.

Jun 16, 2010
bat

this last bat was a synergy speed -10, appears to have some micro fine hairline longitudinal cracks in one spot, but could be scratches also. Hard to tell . fingernail catches on it in one spot when drug across. No long longitudinal scratches anywhere else though on the bat. Looked at my reciept, 34 days old today. I think I send it back at least

Had to pick her up a new synergy -9 today. she has 1 day to break in for Ronald Macdonald. She knows there are some schools coming to see her and shes freaking out that she doesnt have a working bat. Thats something a kid just shouldnt have to worry about!

We used two 2008 synergys thru cool weather before, they each lasted probably 6 mos of high school and travel ball before performance degraded noticeable. Cold being only 40s -60s a few times. They were used with rubber pitching machine balls of machine at 60 in HS practice too.

How the heck do colleges keep good bats around for the team at this kind of rates. I would think they practice A LOT more.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Based on comments here on a whim bought DD a Xeno, she liked her old $20 bat, so didn’t understand why I got her a new bat. Now if it breaks I will need to go buy another one, she just loves it. Hope it lasts until she outgrows it.

Good luck this weekend.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
Based on comments here on a whim bought DD a Xeno, she liked her old $20 bat, so didn’t understand why I got her a new bat. Now if it breaks I will need to go buy another one, she just loves it. Hope it lasts until she outgrows it.

Good luck this weekend.

Great decision! I bet she was surprised at the difference.

Mar 25, 2011
40 degrees? even 50! ... I don't think many bat companies spec them out below 60 degrees. I know, that is like crazy for most of the country....but still, it might explain the faster breakdown.

I know there are some bats targeted for cold weather play, but that does come with a price. Longer life, less performance. I think some of the hot bats also can not perform while cold...as the effects of the special construction get negated with the 'tighter' cold weather molecules. Things that are supposed to flex just bend and break...

Mar 13, 2010
Had to pick her up a new synergy -9 today. she has 1 day to break in for Ronald Macdonald. She knows there are some schools coming to see her and shes freaking out that she doesnt have a working bat. Thats something a kid just shouldnt have to worry about!

The bats do not make THAT much of a difference. While the composites make more of a difference than the old aluminium bats ever did, if she hits well with a bat that is not dead the ball will still go.

I'm an old fashioned fuddy duddy, I still prefer the aluminium bats and will probably get one of them again if I get a new bat (unless I can afford a Xeno. I LOVE Louisville bats) My first bat was a Lisa Fernendez TPS and that lasted me for ten years before it died. It was a great bat. I've always been a player who loves their gear to the point of ruining it though. I was never 'I need a new bat/glove this year' Everything else could change, but not that.

Jun 16, 2010
wish I could agree

In my experience , the condition of the composite bats makes a huge difference. When new, they barely hit at first before broken in, then they get good, then eventually they get really bad, probably when develop fine cracks. The sound is not a crack anymore but a dull thunk. DD knows the difference for sure, by feel and sound. She normally puts around 4 out of every 5 balls over fence in bat practice. When it barely gets halfway to fence on most, on well hit balls, theres something wrong. Change bats, problem solved.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1