First time Ghost Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
the worst bat i've personally seen for breakage is the meta, and it's not even close......winter practice this year alone we saw 2, both less than a month old, completely blow up......one girl was on her 4th or 5th in way less than a year, and they finally gave up.....for perspective, in all the years, i've seen 4 bats just come apart like that, and two were within a month this winter, and were the same bat

TBH most of the ghost returns i've seen sent in were paint.......white is notorious for not adhering well

but bats crack.....it's the nature of the beast......accept it and move on........we only "baby" ours once they are out of warranty.......but TBH even then, if we've gotten a year, we're happy........the Meta+ was in use yesterday, and it was 45 degrees out......and it's over a year old

we've had 4-5 GA's......the only one that got sent back had a chunk fly out of the connection after a mishit.....that's user error/random

ghosts still tend to have a huge market share......for the majority of users, their bat is better than their swing.......put a hot composite bat into the hands of a batter who misses the sweet spot a lot, and bats break at a higher frequency........take a look at the next ghost you see in the hands of a younger user especially.........check how many bakllmarks you see that are closer to the connection than to the sweet spot lol

i can take the older GA's we have and 90+% of the ballmarks are up in the sweetspot.......

when you control market share, and a large piece of that market share is in younger/inexperiences hands, and, well, do the math

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I saw this too, but in fairness they dont get to choose what bats they swing.
That's true and plays to my point. Those girls could swing a broom handle and hit them out. I would also bet most of them never swung a Mizuno before getting to college, but I am sure they had excellent instruction on how to perfect their swings.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Just a few random thoughts, I don't have a dog in this bat fight anymore.....

Everyone of those five D1 homerun leaders could be very successful with a broomstick! There's a girl here in town that plays for our local D3 college, she's a freshman. She was a baby on Anna's HS team when Anna was a senior. This girl (and her dad) were sold out Easton Ghost fans, as in that's the only bat that even existed in the world of Fastpitch! Until....they discovered the one-piece Mizuno Carbon (not sure of the exact model). She's using a -8 and hitting tape measure shots!! Think she had 4 or 5 dingers last week alone!

And lastly, one way to fix this issue with all the broken Ghost bats, buy a LXT or Xeno! ;) 😆

Sep 19, 2018
We’ll break it in per Easton specifications, only use in 60 degree and warmer games etc.
I've never seen easton specs on how to break in a bat. Is there a link to that you can share? The 60 degree is for the life of the bat. Balls lose their elasticity as it gets colder, putting more stress on the bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I've never seen easton specs on how to break in a bat. Is there a link to that you can share? The 60 degree is for the life of the bat. Balls lose their elasticity as it gets colder, putting more stress on the bat.
Every bat manufacturer tells you 60 degrees...but I dont stick by that. Thats like a car insurance company telling you never go above
35 mph, never drive at night, and never go on roads with other cars. of course they never want you using under 60 to try and
curb some returns...haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619