Sorry bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2010
Im really getting sick of these piece of crap composite bats. At least Easton. Is there any that are more durable? DD is a 16 yo very strong hitter and college prospect.

My DD has 4, and has worn them all out very quickly. The lastest one in about only one month. She hits ~75 balls probably 3 times per week off tee + 3 team batting practices with soft toss, probably no more than 30 hits per team practice.

It is very clear when it happens, the bat no longer performs worth a darn. Just tonight, she complained her latest new $300 bat was dead. No balls were even reaching the fence at soft-toss practice. She grabs a teammates, 2 out of next 3 were bombs, one was at least 230. Uses another girls the next turn, 3 more easy line drives over the fence. Didnt matter what the other bats were, 32/-10 or 33/-9, . She told me she started noticing it last weekend .

She has one old one, 2008 synergy, that hits absolute bombs in soft toss, but "dies" against live pitching.

I used to expect the bats to last a season at most, but a month? I cant spend $3000 per year on bats. Yeah I know to save new one for games, but you cant get a girl to do batting practice with a dead bat she knows sucks, it takes the fun out of it. Coach doesnt like it either.

These composite bats have more a detrimental effect on performance than I think most realize. It may take a strong hitter to realize the difference, but it is definitely there. I think they may last longer with weaker hitters too . Getting one bat a year , I think clearly is not often enough.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Time to try an Anderson Rocketech if she likes an endload or the Techzilla if she preferes balanced. You can find 2010 or 2011s at a good discount

Dec 18, 2010
Look for older Easton SCN1B or 2b they take forever to break-in but last just as long. Had mine since 2006 and still launches bombs well over 300' fence same with my old Techzilla (not quite as far) used for metal only leagues. Maybe try a Rocketech 2012 is $199 2011 can be had for $149

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
If it's dead after a month I'd be taking it back.

It's also why I LOATHE Easton. I've never found any of their equipment to be good quality, it all turns to poo very quickly.I have a pair of cleats that are less than a year old and are wrapped in tape and have been extensivly glued together. And I play nowhere near as much sa your DDs do.

My parents are currently in America and are getting me new cleats (and I'm saying prayers over my current ones so they last till Xmas when I go home) and the only thing I've said is 'NO EASTON' I'd prefer Mizuno (I've used their batting gloves and compared to my old Eason pairs that would be shredded within a year, these are going into their second season and the worst that has happened is the tag has come off the right hand. Which is the glove that is always on) but any other brand will do.

Oct 19, 2009
My daughter hits balls in practice (tee, soft toss, machines) with a practice bat she saves her good bat for games. She has used the same bat a Demarini for 4 years in HS and summer ball and it is still good, hope it last one more summer. :)

At practice the other day a girl had a new LS Xenox bat and the ball was flying off the bat I was impressed by what I saw from this bat. I have not seen the CF5 bats or how they hit.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Mine has an Anderson Rockettech and a Nanotech. The Rockettech is probably 4 years old and still kicking, the Nano she is just breaking in good, loves them both and haven't had a single problem.

Oct 25, 2009
If you dont like the Easton stuff , then I would recommend the DeMarini CF5 insane or the Louisville Slugger XENO

The Insane would hold up to that kind of power I believe, but not the Xeno. The Xeno is the best, IMO, but it's for batters that want power, not necessarily for those that have power; especially the kind of power described.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes