First time Ghost Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
The homerun graphic speaks more to the pitching the teams are facing than the bat they are swinging. Miami of Ohio, Mercer, Georgia Tech.

Most hitters are probably better off with a drop 10, more reaction time and more barreled up balls.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The homerun graphic speaks more to the pitching the teams are facing than the bat they are swinging. Miami of Ohio, Mercer, Georgia Tech.

Most hitters are probably better off with a drop 10, more reaction time and more barreled up balls.
Me and Pattar were discussing this, but then we looked at their schedules. Miami has played a very good slate of teams, so they are doing it against real competition.

Dec 11, 2010
Me and Pattar were discussing this, but then we looked at their schedules. Miami has played a very good slate of teams, so they are doing it against real competition.
I just looked at the Miami schedule, I’m not seeing what you are seeing!

That team hits well. Have seen them play in person several times. As a team, I can say I like their swings. The coach is good. They made the post season last couple years.

So I looked at the hitter I know on that team. She’s good. She hit two HR’s against Oklahoma and one against Ole Miss. None against Clemson, LSU, Georgia etc etc.

She hit four against Western Michigan. Two against Kansas City. Couple against Akron. Kinda goes on like that.

So basically 3 of her 25 HR’s are against p5 teams. Two are against a ranked team.

That’s still a lot of dingers. A whole lot.

And before I get absolutely flamed here, I’m just defending my statement that the graphic posted earlier in this thread that speaks more about the pitching faced by the team than the bats used.

And you gotta remember that if you are playing an early season series, and there are two or more p5 teams there, Miami of Ohio probably isn’t always seeing the p5 teams #1 pitcher…

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I just looked at the Miami schedule, I’m not seeing what you are seeing!

That team hits well. Have seen them play in person several times. As a team, I can say I like their swings. The coach is good. They made the post season last couple years.

So I looked at the hitter I know on that team. She’s good. She hit two HR’s against Oklahoma and one against Ole Miss. None against Clemson, LSU, Georgia etc etc.

She hit four against Western Michigan. Two against Kansas City. Couple against Akron. Kinda goes on like that.

So basically 3 of her 25 HR’s are against p5 teams. Two are against a ranked team.

That’s still a lot of dingers. A whole lot.

And before I get absolutely flamed here, I’m just defending my statement that the graphic posted earlier in this thread that speaks more about the pitching faced by the team than the bats used.

And you gotta remember that if you are playing an early season series, and there are two or more p5 teams there, Miami of Ohio probably isn’t always seeing the p5 teams #1 pitcher…
No flames at all. I agree with you about the bats. It's more about the hitter than the bat.

Sep 19, 2018
Every bat manufacturer tells you 60 degrees...but I dont stick by that. Thats like a car insurance company telling you never go above
35 mph, never drive at night, and never go on roads with other cars. of course they never want you using under 60 to try and
curb some returns...haha.
100%. My DD always uses her bat, regardless of the temp. My issue is the the "how to break in a bat" piece. I see it all over the place, swing easy... of the tee. whatever it is. Yes, I know that after break in, the ball will go further. But if there was some break in process that ensures less breakage or longer life, easton would have at a minimum something written, "Here is how you do it" to reference.

cmn

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
100%. My DD always uses her bat, regardless of the temp. My issue is the the "how to break in a bat" piece. I see it all over the place, swing easy... of the tee. whatever it is. Yes, I know that after break in, the ball will go further. But if there was some break in process that ensures less breakage or longer life, easton would have at a minimum something written, "Here is how you do it" to reference.

cmn
Think somewhere I saw it, but no idea where. I dont think its was an "easton" thing...just a new bat in general

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619