Sorry bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
In my experience , the condition of the composite bats makes a huge difference. When new, they barely hit at first before broken in, then they get good, then eventually they get really bad, probably when develop fine cracks. The sound is not a crack anymore but a dull thunk. DD knows the difference for sure, by feel and sound. She normally puts around 4 out of every 5 balls over fence in bat practice. When it barely gets halfway to fence on most, on well hit balls, theres something wrong. Change bats, problem solved.

IIRC, you mentioned machine BP w/ the poly balls. Varies by brand, but some are very dense (for durability purposes) and prone to shorten bat life such that most makers claim that it will void their warranty. IMO, best bet is to save the gamer, and just hit a dead one of the same wt/length in BP realizing that performance will improve w/ the gamer. Actually, you may want to try a slow pitch bat as they tend to be more durable.

Oct 19, 2009
IMO using a dead bat for PB gives feedback to the hitter better that a hot bat. I try to get a bat as close to the game bat as possible I found the same bat she uses in games (this one rated for slow pitch) at WAL-MART at the end of the season for $13.00 and I got 2 of them.

I encourage my daughter to hit 300 balls a day, usually that don’t happen, that adds up to a lot hits on a bat and $300 just don’t grow on trees to replace a damaged bat. She hits baseballs, the batting cage uses dimple balls and throws up to 70 MPH, as I’ve been told there are 2 types of dimple balls an indoor and an outdoor and one is suppost to be more dense than the other. I’ve seen teams before games hitting basketball (not recommended) and real baseballs and that takes a toll on these bats, which are tuned to hit regular softballs. Cold weather, wet heavy balls and number of hits all reduce the life of a bat.

Just saying, if daughter had a dead bat and my daughter used the same bat in a game I would have her break in a new bat, use the dead bat for BP and maybe in extreme playing conditions and save the hot bat for better games and better conditions.

Daughter has a cheaper legal bat she uses in under 50 degrees, she hates it because a poor hit stings, but the good bat she uses has lasted 4 years and seems to get hotter and hotter. :)

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
-livingonroad: If you have had so much bad luck with easton, why
do you continue to go back? If you got bedbugs at a motel 6 would you stay there again?
Once bitten twice shy..........

dd had Easton Synge-it cracked, she now uses dimarini

Jun 16, 2010
easton

dont WANT to , but only 1 store near us (probably 50 mile radius) that sells any good bats. when in a rush to get a new one and break it in, pretty much have to take whatever they have in stock (easton) unless have time to mail order or drive to another city. Which I never seem to have either of.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Truly a bummer for you-(Easton Circumstance)
Thankfully there are 2 Dimarini dealers relatively close
to me that have 'demo' bats. This is a great concept from Dimarini
thus the reason dd started swinging their bats.

One of these dealers also demos bats from 'Rip-it' I have been impressed and
will consider them for the next bat

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I could use that 2008 Synergy, depending on the size. I have a few students that can't afford a good bat. Could you sell it for $50.00 total?

Jun 21, 2010
dont WANT to , but only 1 store near us (probably 50 mile radius) that sells any good bats. when in a rush to get a new one and break it in, pretty much have to take whatever they have in stock (easton) unless have time to mail order or drive to another city. Which I never seem to have either of.

Two words: Inter net. The world is your bat store.

Jun 16, 2010
picked her up a rocketech also for 50% off . Not as hot as the eastons, smaller sweet spot, but she likes it , still hit 2 HR with it at Ronald Mac. Worried about it too though, lots of posts about cracking, etc. Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtp1221