Sorry bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
Internet is your friend. Pm coresoftball. Ebay is a great place, picked up a great condition Phenix for 165 last month. For dds highschool and ASA tournaments.

Never pay retail............

Aug 6, 2013
My daughter had similar experiences with the Rocketechs. She is by no means a power hitter, 5' 4" 120 lbs dripping wet and a lefty slapper to boot. She was going through 3 Rocketechs a year until I finally got fed up and tried something else. She loved the bat, but I got tired of them getting flat spots and splitting open. She had one that literally was a triangle.

I'm surprised by your experience with the Rocketech - I was under the impression you couldn’t kill them with a gun - my DD has one for bad weather - she’s been using for a few years (we're in western Pa so it gets plenty of use).

Her first real composite was a CF4 that we bought used - nice Pop before it died (she used it for her cage bat after that) and we tried CF5 and CF6 neither had the same pop - the CF6 was definitely better than the CF5 -
Just got her a Xeno - She’s a fairly strong hitter (only 13 but 5'5" 145 lbs)
I have heard lots of good things (and some bad) about the xeno. I'm hoping it has the pop I have heard they do.
Its last year’s model so I got it for a great price. (I have Scottish blood and had depression era parents so we have NEVER paid full price for a bat.)

Plus; if you wait and buy last year’s model you have a report on how they performed.

Oct 10, 2011
We also go with a game bat and have a separate practice bat. The bat she uses for machines has a crack in it but who cares...it's practice. Make her use a wooden bat for practice...you won't have to chase balls as far.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I will chime in because this annoys me. Buy a top bat, knowing its hot as hell. Then you beat the crap out of it in meaningless soft toss and BP. Why?...because its fun to watch the ball go? haha. How many awards has she gotten for BP homers? Soooo...Hit thousands of balls in a couple weeks and blame the bat for flatlining. BTW, you do get a free bat in return, and ruin that one as well? When do you realize this process isn't the right thing to do...after how many bats?

And if your coach doesn't like them not using their expensive game bats (which I doubt he would say), let him buy the new bats.

I have about 50 bats, you want to know how many swings I put on a bat when I take it out of the wrapper? like 20-30. Then it gets put away. I can tell pretty quick if I like a bat. Guess what happens with bats I don't like...yup...they are my BP bats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523