So, how much do you pay for DD's TB uniforms?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2013
OK - so we got over the whole 'expensive/must look the same' thing in 10U.

Fall we will be wearing dryfit shirts with 3-color logo and number on back - $30 max. Teamworks pants - the changeup models have chevron-like inserts so it adds color and buying for the team was roughly $13/pair and the quality is superior. Everyone has black socks to wear. We had team helmets from last season - we changed location so we got new decals. $5/player. Sponsors paid for them (and some extras) last season so no cost.

So Fall it was $50/player (little extra so we can buy a spare shirt or two in case we need some fill ins)

The season after we will get jerseys - 2 per player. They will still be in the $35 range each - maybe a little more. Pants will be the same but the option to buy will be there for those who need new pairs. It is the serious season - so an additional dryfit for practices. We'll do some visors as well for those that want them at $15 (which is only 2-3 of them). Buy some extra coaches shirts which are just the same dryfit shirts.

So roughly $100/player plus some extra if you need some more pants and visors.

You want to look consistent and sharp, but you don't need to spend a fortune to get there.

Two weeks ago we played in $4 Gilden t-shirts we bought from the local JO-anns with Sharpie numbers. Finished second... Didn't hurt our performance :)

Sounds good, when are tryouts?! $150 this year and I think $180 last year. No helmets though but hoodies for cold weather play. Oh yeah, almost forgot the $130 monthly dues.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
WB, for us it was figured in to the cost of joining the team. So, we never saw a bill just for uniforms. DD received all that you stated and has kept all of it as well. Plus some other Tee shirts etc. Also, we never paid an entry fee from our one time up front payment. As I sit here, I see all of her TB Helmets and they are sweet! I liked their uniforms a bunch. I hope you and the dd like what you are getting.

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
We have been in the $115-$140 range for uniforms. Teamwork. 2 Racerbacks, 2 pants, 2 shorts (they don't wear them except for occasional practice) and 4 socks. All shirts screen printed with name and number. Shorts with number. No helmet or bags. Option to re-use if you want in following years and your choice to replace the pieces you choose. Used to include visor instead of pants before going with the flow. Fall ball T-shirts screen printed for less than $10.

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Sounds good, when are tryouts?! $150 this year and I think $180 last year. No helmets though but hoodies for cold weather play. Oh yeah, almost forgot the $130 monthly dues.

This was just uniforms. With the money we save we play a lot of tournaments - which is more palatable when you haven't spent a bunch on uniforms.

And if you are in South Florida on the Ft Lauderdale side we have one open spot for the right '02 girl :)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2012
2 pair pants, 2 jerseys, 2 belts, 2 pair socks $165.
Pullover $42 (a must have in our climate, has number on back)
Helmet $40
Bag $65
We use our unis, helmets and bags for at least 2 seasons. Yes we look good, and we have durable gear that lasts. We tried cheap at 10s and had to replace next season, so the price was more over two seasons.
Also, we don't change our unis as an org, every team has the same unis, so that keeps costs down for people that join our org as we can buy in bulk every year.

Aug 9, 2013
This is my first year in 10U for our organization and my experience is very similar to Coach Fastpitch above. We have fall dri fits, home away uniforms, helmets, bags, hoodies, etc planned (and purchased in some cases) plus tournaments, winter practice etc and we're estimating 500 per kid for the year. Yes we have a fair amount of fundraising tied to it (we host two local tournaments in the summer) but we'll do what we can to stay at that number.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I wonder if it matters what part of the country you are in? But, I would think that most people use the Internet, to place the orders, anyway. Over $250, is too high for me.

Jun 11, 2013
Just looked our up

Shirts 36 each (3, Saturday, Sunday, 3day(championship))
Pants 34 (2)
Socks 7 (2)
Helment 40
Bag 65

295 total

Jun 19, 2013
I think our cost for gear per player last year was about $425. That was two jerseys, two pants, one-tshirt, one sweatshirt, one waterproof jacket, two under armor type long sleeves, 2 socks, helmets, bags, visors and cold weather hats. But we did a handful of fundraisers and our entire cost out-of-pocket per family for the year (11 tournaments included) was $300 per player.

Last edited:

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
We are working through year three's uniform costs. I have nailed it down to balance looking good, costs and ease of buying. We order Augusta Jerseys (with Cap Sleeves so less sunscreen on a sunny day). With a heat pressed log on front and number on back $24 each. Mizuno Pants (we love them cause they are so thick and last all year assuming player does not grow a ton) piped = $37 each. Helmets and Bags are the issue, We have tried being cheap by ordering whatever was cheapest each year previous to keep uniforms at around $200. However this year we decided to buy nicer helmets and bags in hopes of lasting longer. I think the bags and helmets we have will last a couple of years now. So this year a full set is about $310.
That said, we kept the same colors and uniforms so returning players from last year only had to buy a Bat Bag plus whatever their player outgrew. We have it set up so a family can go to the Store we use (local shop) and order just what they need. I do a once annually order in August/September and outside of that any family can go buy what they need on their own. This allows them to buy as the players needs it and only spend $30-$50 at a time as opposed to buying new stuff every year. We also work on fundraising each year in September to cover as much of the uniform costs as possible. Example: My DD only needed a bat bag and new hoodie now. However she will probably grow out of her pants and jerseys in 6 months so we will have to buy those then.

BTW...$310 =
Home and Away Jerseys with 3 color Heat Pressed log on front and 2 color 6" number on back
Piped Pants
2 Belts
Helmet - Rip It with Team Logo Sticker on front and single color number on back
Bat Bag - Embroidered with Team Logo and Player Name and Number
Hoodie - 3 color Heat Pressed Logo on front, 2 color 6" number on back and one color name on back

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves