Run-Rule BLOWOUTS IN COLLEGE BALL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
If there are, @sluggers reasoning makes sense with regards to the rich getting richer through the portal. OU basically gets to pick a proven player at a position of need at the end of each year (Trautwein and Brito for example..granted Brito was an IF)
Transfer portal seems to even out among the top teams. Wallace from Bama to Florida. Shipman from Tenn to Bama. Edmoundson from Texas Tech to Tenn. Cottrill from Fla to Ok St. Freshmen likely to have more of an effect at the top schools than transfers. The mid tier schools are probably the ones losing out on the transfer portal.

Jun 8, 2016
Transfer portal seems to even out among the top teams. Wallace from Bama to Florida. Shipman from Tenn to Bama. Edmoundson from Texas Tech to Tenn. Cottrill from Fla to Ok St. Freshmen likely to have more of an effect at the top schools than transfers. The mid tier schools are probably the ones losing out on the transfer portal.
That is fair I guess. I am just thinking that somebody like Gasso can get pretty much anybody she wants to through the portal if she promises them playing time..

May 21, 2018
That is fair I guess. I am just thinking that somebody like Gasso can get pretty much anybody she wants to through the portal if she promises them playing time..
That's a tough promise with that roster.

Jun 8, 2016
That's a tough promise with that roster.
I doubt Brito left Oregon without some sort of promise (maybe not..although she probably figured Donihoo was a fluke last year like I did..). Also probably related to this...

Oct 14, 2019
Gasso will start doing the Nick Saban thing where she encourages certain players to leave to make space for the transfers/recruits. OU “lost” 4 players to the portal last year.

May 21, 2018
I doubt Brito left Oregon without some sort of promise (maybe not..although she probably figured Donihoo was a fluke last year like I did..). Also probably related to this...

Yeah, rumors of her transferring have been all over a different forum for awhile.

Jun 8, 2016
Gasso will start doing the Nick Saban thing where she encourages certain players to leave to make space for the transfers/recruits. OU “lost” 4 players to the portal last year.
I have no doubt she does that already..they have two pitchers who have thrown a total 2/3 of an inning this year..Over the last 4 or 5 years at least, if you don't play as a freshmen at OU you will never play.

May 27, 2013
IMHO - when 2 top 5 D1 teams face each other with top pitching, and the score winds up to be 23-9, it is a hitter’s game like I mentioned previously.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish