Run-Rule BLOWOUTS IN COLLEGE BALL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
and sometimes even D1 level teams , 1 team is truly that much better. case in point recent Oklahoma versus Texas Tech. believe combined score for the 3 game series was 42-0.

Jun 8, 2016
Since nobody bit on my sarcasm, I will just pose the question. Do we actually know that there are more run rules, or are we just going off what our eyes are telling us?

Oct 14, 2019
Went to a pitchers’ duel in Gainesville last night. USF v Florida. 1-0 Florida. Hightower v Corrick. Hightower gave up 3 hits, Corrick only 1. Florida won on a walk to Skylar Wallace, steal of second and a score from 2nd on throwing error by catcher. Falby made the best catch I’ve seen all season on a foul ball in left field to win the game.

Oct 14, 2019
Since nobody bit on my sarcasm, I will just pose the question. Do we actually know that there are more run rules, or are we just going off what our eyes are telling us?
This crowd is pretty much strictly into anecdotal evidence and hyberbole.

Dec 11, 2010
I’d like to know that too. Been watching college softball fairly seriously since 2016 and I don’t really know…

Jun 8, 2016
I’d like to know that too. Been watching college softball fairly seriously since 2016 and I don’t really know…
If there are, @sluggers reasoning makes sense with regards to the rich getting richer through the portal. OU basically gets to pick a proven player at a position of need at the end of each year (Trautwein and Brito for example..granted Brito was an IF)

Dec 11, 2010
I agree with that. And pitching is sooooo uneven now, p5’s can have 5 p’s on staff and a mid major might be lucky to have 2 semi sketchy p’s.

Lack of pitching will be the death of softball.

I do disagree that it’s the bats. I’m sorry, but no bat out there today is as good as the old Easton Stealths. And that’s just one example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish