Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Rawlings HOH Custom: Palm Pad?

Jul 27, 2015
I purchased a cheap-o Rawlings Premium series catcher's glove a few years ago for myself to catch for my daughter As you can see in the picture, it is time for a new glove. I don't need a $250 glove, but I am not sure I want a $50 one again either.

Attachments

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I purchased a cheap-o Rawlings Premium series catcher's glove a few years ago for myself to catch for my daughter As you can see in the picture, it is time for a new glove. I don't need a $250 glove, but I am not sure I want a $50 one again either.
Here you go ;)

Jul 27, 2015
Here you go ;)
I have wasted too much time on this today - and of course my price point keeps going up. I like that it is single hinge. Is that big enough for a man's hand?

I was looking at the Vinci's Black Friday Sale - https://vincipro.com/product/custom-baseball-kip-limited-or-mesh-series-catchers-mitt/ I don't know if I could get used to dual hinge or not. If I get it broke in, is is really broken in? I have read on here how stiff these are. And I have no idea exactly what a finger shield is.

Nov 8, 2020
Yep, that’s specifically why I picked that one! I was going to also suggest the Magnolia but I’ve never held one before, don’t know how big the hand stall is?
The Magnolia and Palmetto gloves have a hand well that will accommodate a medium sized man's hand, if you need large or x large batting gloves then those Marucci gloves will be a tight fit.

I have been buying a lot of older gloves to have projects to work on. Then I usually sell them for what I bought them for plus a relace cost after I'm done. Very difficult to find used catchers gloves though and if you find one they're beat to hell and usually rotted out