Need quick glove advise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2022
Ordering today! Here's the situation: 12 year old average size, rec ball current, moving to travel ball, upgrading from basic Mizuno youth glove. Plays infield (Short mostly, but some 3rd). Different types of gloves, I know, but with discounts they all fall similar in price. So looking for thoughts, here are the options:

-Rawlings HOH 11.75 with speedback: $210
-Rawlings Liberty Advance 11.75: $170
-Mizuno prime elite 11.75: $160
-Others?????

Thanks!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Heart of The Hide will take longer to break in than the others, but it will last longer. The only reason to not go with that glove is if you feel she'll need a bigger glove in a year or two.

Edit: I agree with the other posters. If possible, go with at least a 12" glove now.

Just my .02.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm just a fan of a 12" baseball glove ( with a 12" softball ) on the left side of the infield, worked for us for years!

For a young girl moving from Rec ball, you and her both wouldn't like what I'd recommend!

Sep 19, 2018
11.75 is a small glove. Yes top level middle infielders use them (some even use 11.5), But she is 12 and could probably us a little more margin for error. Like AD above, I suggest a 12. Those are all quality gloves. They will all do the job for couple of years if treated properly, with the HoH lasting the longest. Pick the one she'll like the color of. you'll be doing this again when she is 15.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Check out Vinci, they have several 12" baseball offerings.

Here's a 12" mesh ME024-M, should be pretty light!
There's a Vinci rep in here, but I can't remember his name. See if someone can get you his contact information so you can get a good deal.

Dec 19, 2022
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I appreciate it. I will take a look at the 12". That would rule out the deal on the HOH as that price is for the 11.75. It does open some color options for the liberty though.

Thoughts on liberty vs prime elite?

Annasdad, I'm newer to the forum but have been reading, thought you might suggest a baseball glove. Lol.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I appreciate it. I will take a look at the 12". That would rule out the deal on the HOH as that price is for the 11.75. It does open some color options for the liberty though.

Thoughts on liberty vs prime elite?

Annasdad, I'm newer to the forum but have been reading, thought you might suggest a baseball glove. Lol.
The LA and Prime Elite are similar quality gloves. They'll get you 1-3 years, depending on how you treat them. You can relace them and get on the higher side, but they will get floppy with time. Both will be fairly easy to break in. The HOH, on the other hand, will take some work to break in. I'm working on my new HOH baseball catcher's mitt now, and despite me beating the snot out of it daily, it's still stiff.

I can get you deals on any of the gloves except Vinci. We carry Rawlings, Wilson, Mizuno, Marucci etc.

Check out the Rawlings website to see what they have, or you can go on the SPC website to see what we have in stock.

Call me at 631-942-3516

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022
Thanks everyone. This is great info. I forgot to add the marucci palmetto to the list. Guessing that it fits into the same category as the LA and elite but let me know. I'm going to rule out the HOH due to break in. My son has an a2000 and I just don't want to go through what we went through to get that thing broken in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12