Glove Relace Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I’ve never laced a Mod-Trap, Six-Finger Trap or Ichiro before, don’t think I want to either.

Guess Anna was a senior (2019) when I ran across a deal on a Six-Finger Pro303 with black laces, it was in my hands for maybe 10 seconds before I boxed it up and sent it to Rous for some Tan lace love. 😘

He got creative and eliminated like four or five knots from a regular Six-Finger lace pattern, the guy is really good!

Had it back from Rous maybe a week or two and my wife made me give it away to a kid on the baseball team at Anna’s HS! 😡
View attachment 28573View attachment 28574View attachment 28575
PRETTY

Sep 19, 2018
Not perfect. I am going to need more practice getting the tension correct. The new laces (for the same width) are much thicker. I must have had the needle pull out 20 times or more.

IMG_8316.jpeg
IMG_8317.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Metal eyelets can be a huge pain with some modern 3/16” lace.

Always remember, don’t ever pull the web spiral lace too tight, it’ll cause the top of the web to curl inwards down towards the palm.

Untie that main web knot and start over, not sure if this makes sense….untie it, when you start the first knot make sure the top and bottom lace are vertical heel to web, than tie the second knot exactly opposite from the first one and it will finish horizontal from thumb to pinky, make sense?

As simple as it is, knots used to kick my butt!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Not perfect. I am going to need more practice getting the tension correct. The new laces (for the same width) are much thicker. I must have had the needle pull out 20 times or more.
Great job.. About that knot, to tie a correct square knot, remeber right over left granny knot, then left lace over right granny!

Sep 19, 2018
I’ve been trying on that knot. I’ve been doing left over then right over. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have them correct on the thumb and pinky. There is a twist in there I am not getting set correctly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles