Rawlings HOH Custom: Palm Pad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2020
Thanks for showing that, that’s exactly what I was talking about on page one.
Every Rawlings glove that I do that has that pad inside of it has a pad that falls apart like that. Then I get to try to get all those little bits out and put palm adhesive in the glove to try to get the glove back in to shape

Attachments

• 20201125_201422.jpg
    20201125_201422.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Jul 27, 2015
I purchased a cheap-o Rawlings Premium series catcher's glove a few years ago for myself to catch for my daughter As you can see in the picture, it is time for a new glove. I don't need a $250 glove, but I am not sure I want a $50 one again either.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I purchased a cheap-o Rawlings Premium series catcher's glove a few years ago for myself to catch for my daughter As you can see in the picture, it is time for a new glove. I don't need a $250 glove, but I am not sure I want a $50 one again either.
Here you go ;)

Jul 27, 2015
Here you go ;)
I have wasted too much time on this today - and of course my price point keeps going up. I like that it is single hinge. Is that big enough for a man's hand?

I was looking at the Vinci's Black Friday Sale - https://vincipro.com/product/custom-baseball-kip-limited-or-mesh-series-catchers-mitt/ I don't know if I could get used to dual hinge or not. If I get it broke in, is is really broken in? I have read on here how stiff these are. And I have no idea exactly what a finger shield is.

Nov 8, 2020
Yep, that’s specifically why I picked that one! I was going to also suggest the Magnolia but I’ve never held one before, don’t know how big the hand stall is?

The Magnolia and Palmetto gloves have a hand well that will accommodate a medium sized man's hand, if you need large or x large batting gloves then those Marucci gloves will be a tight fit.

I have been buying a lot of older gloves to have projects to work on. Then I usually sell them for what I bought them for plus a relace cost after I'm done. Very difficult to find used catchers gloves though and if you find one they're beat to hell and usually rotted out

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478