Glove Relace Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
View attachment 28568And I’ve taken the first step. I am only slightly terrified I made a huge mistake.

View attachment 28569
All of the gloves I've done are 95% the same, but you've made life a little difficult taking all of the laces out at once. When I was starting, I'd do one branch at a time. My advice, do it in this order:
1- Thumb
2- Pinky
3- Start at the root of the pinky and ring finger and lace the palm all the way to thumb and web
4- Thru the top of the web, each end of the lace down the sides of the web coming together at the pocket
5- Top of web to finger tips
6- close up the base of the palm

Good luck!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Also look at the angle of your web spiral lace, yours is angled towards the thumb, so you need to start your re-lace on the thumb side to lace up the web spiral and fingertips.

Every Rawlings I've ever done the spiral lace is angled towards the pinky, so you start with the fingertips on the pinky side first and go towards the spiral.

EDIT
Here's a good example of spiral lean....
IMG_0177.JPG

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Also look at the angle of your web spiral lace, yours is angled towards the thumb, so you need to start your re-lace on the thumb side to lace up the web spiral and fingertips.

Every Rawlings I've ever done the spiral lace is angled towards the pinky, so you start with the fingertips on the pinky side first and go towards the spiral.

EDIT
Here's a good example of spiral lean....
View attachment 28571
I am sure it's just the lighting, but I thought for a second that lacing was gold...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I thought that too before I tried some...now a good one is very good

They arent sour as you would think.
I’m a huge IPA fan….and good ole boy PBR 👍😉

Give me a good sour beer brand, I’ll give it a try. Remember the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Brandywine Ale, so different but a big boy Ale, it’ll kick you in the face!

So give me a brand, I wanna see just how weird you are?

Jan 16, 2020
It is a lot easier if you put in the new lace while slowly following the removal of the old lace.
I've never done a full relace, but the couple of emergency repairs I have had to do, this is the exact method I use.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Chris from Arizona Glove Lab just posted this picture of how he remembers the pattern when relacing a glove. Maybe it will help some of us. Screenshot_20230819_112112_Instagram.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles