Perfect swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Would anyone take this swing?

Decker_zpsgygx1val.gif

Butter, not long ago it was considered a push swing by some.:)

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Coach Bob, Rich, don't remember if there were others.. I am sure there were more since Rich called it. ;)

Feb 14, 2010
I was and still am in the camp of that being a push swing. 99.9% of softball dads would gladly take that swing for their daughters but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better.

Ask yourself can there be more whip created?

May 3, 2014
Well I guess when someone produces a better college hitter I will listen. Otherwise is all opinion and speculation.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I guess it depends on how one see's the cause of the whip. I see the core responsible for the change in direction/whip.

Feb 14, 2010
Exactly TDS where I and others view the hand pivot point coupled with the resistance believe that is where whip is created.

This battle has been fought on the internet for decades and it will continue when we are gone I'm sure, lol

May 3, 2014
Yup. But, it gets tiring to hear people parrot someone that hasn't produced anything and has been around for over 10 years. Shouldn't he have produced someone by now? Instead he has cried that college coaches tinkered with an amazing swing he taught. Sure, it happens all the time but if his material was so gosh darn good there should have been someone that hit so freaking amazing that a college coach would not have dreamed with screwing with him/her. Mendoza is not a model to use by she hit. Same with many others. How Altuve? Would you teach that? Harper swing sucked according to some.

Happy New Year!

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Another one that creates change in direction using her core.. But I guess since her change in direction is tighter it's not a push.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207