Perfect swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I can't speak for the board. I haven't been on here for over a year.

I chronicled my journey with my DD for everyone to see and learn from. What people want to use and believe is totally up to them. I just happen to believe in the Hand pivot point and resistance and it's worked well for my DD and others I've worked with.

The SECRET to ALL of this is that there is no secret formula. Try things and if you like them go for it. But when people ask my opinion on things I will share my thoughts.

I wish more people shared video on here but nobody wants to do that anymore.

I'm going to post some of my DD here probably next week for people to look at. We've had to retrain her after her injury so it's been interesting to start over.

When you say hand pivot are you talking about the hands being a rotational point?

Likewise is the extra stretch created by setting up the rotational point early in the swing?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
OK, one thing to consider when looking at college FP hitters. Quickness is more important then total whip at the end. So they will appear to be more connected. Which can be mistaken for some pushing. Bonds said he focused on the top hand in order to avoid to much bat lag or separation. He got quickier as an older player while Griffey for example had a HR swing with more whip.

Feb 14, 2010
Hand pivot point = turning the barrel coupled with proper hand path. IMO can't have one without the other and expect to hit consistently.

Extra stretch is created when the hands/upper half resist while lower fires.

Whip is quickness whereas a push creates bat speed out front.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
No rationale, just something I've observed over many years of studying the swing. Connection can be mistaken for a push swing.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
No rationale, just something I've observed over many years of studying the swing. Connection can be mistaken for a push swing.

More interested in your thinking on quickness v whip. IMO, quickness is good, but whip is what produces bat speed.

Dec 4, 2013
I think it's just more difficult to come across the high level swing watching college softball as opposed to MLB. No doubt this girl figured it out......

CrystalBustos1_zps7nactdht.gif

And I am not just saying this because Crank is back in the house, but this is one of my fav. fast pitch swings

CMs%20Brooke%200115%20-%20Fast_zpsa0tuffvh.gif

These two are whipping...

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I think it's just more difficult to come across the high level swing watching college softball as opposed to MLB. No doubt this girl figured it out......

CrystalBustos1_zps7nactdht.gif

And I am not just saying this because Crank is back in the house, but this is one of my fav. fast pitch swings

CMs%20Brooke%200115%20-%20Fast_zpsa0tuffvh.gif

These two are whipping...

Look at what Brooke's back foot does. And compare it to her knee surgery recovery swing in the thread crankermo started.

Dec 4, 2013
Look at what Brooke's back foot does. And compare it to her knee surgery recovery swing in the thread crankermo started.

Yup I was over there earlier, big difference. The injury def explains it. She is in good hands, under Crank's tutelage she got there once, no doubt she will again.......Crank your inbox is full!

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Hand pivot point = turning the barrel coupled with proper hand path. IMO can't have one without the other and expect to hit consistently.

Extra stretch is created when the hands/upper half resist while lower fires.

Whip is quickness whereas a push creates bat speed out front.
Thank you for sharing. Why do you think so many on these boards only hear the bold but never dive into the other half of this huge equation? After all, that turning barrel needs to be delivered with the consistency you speak of. And knowing what you know, you'd probably agree that there are many different and efficient barrel release locations.

I'm going to jumble your phrase if you don't mind: Focusing on just turning the barrel is just as detrimental as dragging the handle to the ball. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid