Perfect swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
I agree. I've had my DD's swing dissected by A LOT of people much like Cannonball did with his DD and I never got offended.

I was on here to listen and learn and unfortunately that comes with it I guess.

Easiest thing to do is just stay on this site

Yup and is there a nicer guy than Darrell? You will have a hard time finding him or her. And oh btw his kid did PFG in college.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Speaking of Bonds Like.... here is the closest female I've seen to it... :cool:

<video width="512" height="100%" controls loop video controls autoplay>
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Hitting%20Fall/01_Back_HB.mp4" />
</video>

Workin real good in live pitching in open gym... :cool:

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Wow, I went and took a shower, cleaned up some and come back and find such nice posts about me and the kid. Maybe I need to get cleaned up a little more. LOL Thank both of you for such nice words and Happy New Year.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I can't speak for the board. I haven't been on here for over a year.

I chronicled my journey with my DD for everyone to see and learn from. What people want to use and believe is totally up to them. I just happen to believe in the Hand pivot point and resistance and it's worked well for my DD and others I've worked with.

The SECRET to ALL of this is that there is no secret formula. Try things and if you like them go for it. But when people ask my opinion on things I will share my thoughts.

I wish more people shared video on here but nobody wants to do that anymore.

I'm going to post some of my DD here probably next week for people to look at. We've had to retrain her after her injury so it's been interesting to start over.

You and Cannonball sharing your DDs' journeys were the primary inspirations for me to chronicle my own DD's journey. I continue to do it not only for my own education in guiding her, but so others can (hopefully) learn from my DD's success - and my failures - along the way. There have certainly been bumps in the road, and a couple of people have gotten under my skin a bit, but I can't deny that the outside input from the DFP collective has helped improve my learning curve, and accelerate my DD's progress. Some input has been adopted into my own beliefs about the swing. Some hasn't. Some stuff I'm still trying to sort out.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the latest from Brooke. I've used her swings as examples for my DD many times.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Seems like everyone is sitting around the DFP tech hitting forum camp fire and signing Kumbaya. Must be the season!

Peace and good tidings for the New Year to all!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
One thing that has become clear to me over the years is that for those that aren't blessed with elite-level athleticism, hard work and the continual pursuit of high-level swing mechanics can be enough to lead to a successful college career.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
You and Cannonball sharing your DDs' journeys were the primary inspirations for me to chronicle my own DD's journey. I continue to do it not only for my own education in guiding her, but so others can (hopefully) learn from my DD's success - and my failures - along the way. There have certainly been bumps in the road, and a couple of people have gotten under my skin a bit, but I can't deny that the outside input from the DFP collective has helped improve my learning curve, and accelerate my DD's progress. Some input has been adopted into my own beliefs about the swing. Some hasn't. Some stuff I'm still trying to sort out.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the latest from Brooke. I've used her swings as examples for my DD many times.

Count me in on this ^^^^^^^^^^!

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
Hey, thanks alot Lewis. Those look really good! Very nice of you to make a sweet video out of my best hack attempt.

The girl from Nebraska has an absolutely beautiful swing. Wouldn't change a thing about it.

If I was lucky enough to be her hitting coach, I "may" only suggest that she think about transforming a bit of overactivity in her feet into a more simple, forceful drive & plant...really delivering some extra power from those strong legs. Plant a solid front side, but keep that lower body weight back for a great push & core release.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks