National Coaches Clinic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
I have been to ones in the Chicago area, highly recommended. I would take a look at what coaches are presenting at the one you'd like to attend, but generally great access to coaches, lots to learn and in my experience an on-site "store" from local softball vendors to help you stock up for next season (take advantage of the chance to order a big item on the first day (maybe a pitching machine or net, for instance, and pick it up on the second day -- saving a trip or online shipping costs).

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I think you may be talking about two different coaching clinics. The National Sports Clinics (the ones run by Mary Nutter) are usually in Chicago in December and January. They cover a lot of different topics in short bursts. The National Coaches Clinics is a new series that seems to be competing with the NFCA's coaching college in format and depth of coverage of the topics (as I understand it).

I've been to many of the former and they are excellent. If you have a need to acquire a lot of knowledge across a broad spectrum of the sport they will serve you will. Have not been to the latter.

Jan 31, 2011
I agree with Ken in regard to the NSC run by Mary Nutter. If you like talking about nothing but softball for 2 complete days, then this is the best. You have access to the speakers (college coaches) anytime to discuss softball. They go out of their way to help you. Very inexpensive and a ton of fun! Not to mention the great vendor room.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Looks like this is this Friday in Chicago, Dec. 9-10. $119 at the door registration for an adult, need to see if I can swing going out there.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Working on my question so I can impress everyone.

“I have a pitcher on my Team, happens to be my daughter, her fastball is in the 60s. She has 6 good movement pitches that she can locate where she wants but is really struggling with her knuckle ball. Do you think younger pitchers need a good knuckle ball to be successful? Oh, by the way this is a 10U Rec. Team”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1