Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah...

As a parent, I have my thoughts and opinions. But of course this is a business and people are trying to make a living (or a fortune) running these orgs. I'm not terribly concerned, we can leave whenever we choose.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
In general, I'd say the Dukes (NJ - recently branched into NY and PA), Newtown Rock, and Mystics are the most consistant orgs in all age groups. They are attracting so many girls that it's making it tough to hold the line with a certain number of teams. I don't blame them, if we were looking to add 2 girls and got 100 to come to a try out it would be tough to turn down starting another team. There are other orgs with good teams as well - Batbusters, Diamond State Ducks, TC Futures, Outlaws, PA Chaos to name a few.
And Stars National is pretty good. I forgot about Stacey's Mystics. I don't put them anywhere near that level, though.

The Gators aren't bad. The Cheetahs had one great player that made them tough, but she's now off to USF or UCF.

I'd stay away from the Dukes, but that's my personal feelings getting in the way...

Feb 24, 2022
And Stars National is pretty good. I forgot about Stacey's Mystics. I don't put them anywhere near that level, though.

The Gators aren't bad. The Cheetahs had one great player that made them tough, but she's now off to USF or UCF.

I'd stay away from the Dukes, but that's my personal feelings getting in the way...
Yeah, there are tons of orgs that have 1 or a couple of strong teams, but if you are talking top to bottom - when you play a team from that org you know they are going to be good at any age level, then you get the usual suspects.

May 27, 2013
Yeah, there are tons of orgs that have 1 or a couple of strong teams, but if you are talking top to bottom - when you play a team from that org you know they are going to be good at any age level, then you get the usual suspects.

Then I’d say all the orgs just mentioned in the Tri-State area for the most part have/had 1-2 strong teams at the 18U and 16U levels. All of those orgs also have teams that are ok. We played almost all of those orgs at some point a few years back and have beaten the majority of them if it was not their top 18U team.

Jun 8, 2016
What happened? There is no Tri-State region (it is lumped into New England...HA!!) in the SOFTBALL REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS section so you guys decided to make your own? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles