MTS, HYP, RHC, Noontime, and others

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2011
This is what I was trying to get at when I addressed the group.....

So you believe its not the hands nor the elbows, but the forearms that initiate the swing or barrel path?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
This is what I was trying to get at when I addressed the group.....

So you believe its not the hands nor the elbows, but the forearms that initiate the swing or barrel path?
For me, I believe and focus on the forearms, BUT I also believe the next guy could focus on the hands and be doing the exact same thing.

R

RayR

Yes to the forearms -

If you take a slo mo swing and focus on trying to apply equal amounts of forearm rotation as you swing (I used to call it trying to pull the bat apart) - you get a pretty good sense of how certain positions are a no teach - the trick is to speed it up and not degrade the swing.

I did a demo with a sledge hammer - in one swing I pull in the same forward direction and in the other I pulled in opposite directions. The demo showed I better path from pulling apart. Working the forearms against each other.

Found it.

o8zztx.gif

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Yes to the forearms -

If you take a slo mo swing and focus on trying to apply equal amounts of forearm rotation as you swing (I used to call it trying to pull the bat apart) - you get a pretty good sense of how certain positions are a no teach - the trick is to speed it up and not degrade the swing.

I did a demo with a sledge hammer - in one swing I pull in the same forward direction and in the other I pulled in opposite directions. The demo showed I better path from pulling apart. Working the forearms against each other.

Found it.

o8zztx.gif

Do you ever work in that shop?:D
Standing on a bucket?......I think I need to come up there and have a talk with you....bring my hammers:D

SL

R

RayR

For the demo I needed some height to swing the sledge....talk about dynamic balance! Bucket was full so it was safer then standing on an empty one....

What is this thing called work?

Do you ever work in that shop?:D
Standing on a bucket?......I think I need to come up there and have a talk with you....bring my hammers:D

SL

Nov 29, 2011
I can't even begin to have an idea how to teach the forearms working against each other.

Maybe its better to ask how one goes about feeling the forearms controlling the swing?
What drills, what cue(s), what initial move?

Sorry to be inquisitive, just trying to learn what some believe is the only way.

Also, I sit here, and I can't make my forearms do anything in themselves....but there is an elbow and wrist nearby that can move them :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors