Lock it in drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 11, 2019
Ray, I always new that there was a HUGE misunderstanding about actual pitching mechanics. Especially after attending some “high level clinics” that purported to teach high level mechanics.

It became painfully obvious to me that MOST pitching coaches had no clue how high level pitchers achieved such an awesome ability to throw the ball underhand With such velocity and grace.

When I found this forum and began reading the advise being given, I knew I had to speak up. I’m proud of what has happened in the fastpitch world after that initial I/R post.

Pitching coaches all over the world are now using proper terminology and mechanics to teach pitching and it’s been fun to watch it propagate.

Some one once said on here that I was like Columbus.. I didn’t invent internal rotation, and Columbus didn’t invent America.
Boardmemember, keep it up. I’m doing the conversion from H/E to I/R with my DD. Small town so no options locally for a PC on this one. We went through a year of lessons that I caught for her. We tried for that year to “correct “ her and after reading quite a bit about IR, I realized that what her PC was trying to correct was 75% natural IR. I talked to her about changing over and so she’s working on mechanics with no ball for a couple of days. I hope it works out for her. I should have a little time before we resume again. This forum has been amazing for us. I also read up on batting and launch angle, found a coach and now she is all over the ball. This from a kid who could pitch but COULD NOT HIT. This forum is awesome and I thank you guys for what you do

Mar 28, 2014
Here is a picture. In 2nd frame ball and fingers pointed to baseline (prevents locking elbow).
Can you further explain your thoughts here. Currently I completely disagree as I believe the elbow is prevented from locking by, wellllll, simply not locking it. Versus your thoughts that it is due to the position of the ball. Change my mind.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Can you further explain your thoughts here. Currently I completely disagree as I believe the elbow is prevented from locking by, wellllll, simply not locking it. Versus your thoughts that it is due to the position of the ball. Change my mind.
Try to lock your elbow when you make that move with the ball hand to the base line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00