Follow Through

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2019
In my opinion she is getting open and staying open as well. Driving out and essentially whole body facing 3rd. With my DD we focused on straight drive forward and body will normally open as needed but stay closed enough to stack the rear leg and allow for the brush. As the good Dr stated, stay tall by getting good balanced front side resistence off of a straight drive and verify brush always.

I interpreted the Tincher coach we saw as her wanting her to get more open, landing 55 degrees vs the 45 degrees she typically lands. Although maybe I'm misinterpreting it. Softball is also getting the way of lessons.

Nov 8, 2018
I interpreted the Tincher coach we saw as her wanting her to get more open, landing 55 degrees vs the 45 degrees she typically lands. Although maybe I'm misinterpreting it. Softball is also getting the way of lessons.

There are different philosophies.
More sideways. Less sideways.
Mine is less sideways on landing. Puts less stress in the knee more stress on the large quad muscle. Also the closing of the hips to 45 when too open won’t happen as easily. Thus preventing brush.
They may be teaching a slide up to 45 technique which can be effective if the hips stabilize properly.
I like to say , same as above, drive straight and allow the shoulders and hips to open naturally and then get a nice snap back prior to release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
There are different philosophies.
More sideways. Less sideways.
Mine is less sideways on landing. Puts less stress in the knee more stress on the large quad muscle. Also the closing of the hips to 45 when too open won’t happen as easily. Thus preventing brush.
They may be teaching a slide up to 45 technique which can be effective if the hips stabilize properly.
I like to say , same as above, drive straight and allow the shoulders and hips to open naturally and then get a nice snap back prior to release.

This ^^. LIsten to the good Dr. I was with my DD at a Pauly clinic with you DrRiello, down in Ohio last year. Your daughter looked great. Hope you guys are still killing it. Mine is off and on. But good luck to you.

Nov 8, 2018
This ^^. LIsten to the good Dr. I was with my DD at a Pauly clinic with you DrRiello, down in Ohio last year. Your daughter looked great. Hope you guys are still killing it. Mine is off and on. But good luck to you.

Wow thanks. Yes Marcella had a great summer. She took what she learned and ran with it. They solidified her rise and drop and it increased her effectiveness immensely. Those guys , Rick, James, Duno, etc etc are amazing and I’ve learned so much.
Keep up the good fight. It will come together.

Jul 22, 2015
Really study the breakdown given in for the videos and the "monkey butt" aspect related to my first post about posture. The main issue related to how open she needs to be or how open to land is that she doesn't need to TRY to get open, it will happen. If she makes an effort to GET herself open as she drives out it will lead to the posture you see. If she can convince herself to drive out straight and stay straight until her circle starts back, her shoulders and hips will open naturally. This will put her hips in much better position for brush, which may also really help her get internal rotation at the proper time.

May 16, 2016
Do not focus on the finish... if she has the IR correct, the palm down will just happen.

In these images below of Jenny Finch, see how the elbow does not advance in the two frames, while the forearm is rotating... this is IR you are looking for. Or, the whipping action... Forearm fire.... whatever you want to call it. What the hand does after release doesn't really matter, as your influence on the ball ended at release. For many pitchers, they will end up in a palm down position, but this is an after effect, not the objective.

1598649435773.png

Attachments

• 1598649970357.png
    1598649970357.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad