Lock it in drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Lol..... that's what I thought.
That's all you got?

You could start with watching every game in your age group and if you find an effective pitcher who isn't gassed in the middle innings, contact that pitching coach.

Mar 28, 2014
That's all you got?

You could start with watching every game in your age group and if you find an effective pitcher who isn't gassed in the middle innings, contact that pitching coach.
so now turning the ball towards 3rd base keeps a pitcher from being gassed?

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Go spend a few hundred hours on the internet and you can find them.
I personally have done this. And i will reiterate, most of the information on the web is crap. From prominent college coaches, to prior elite pitchers, to the local travel ball coach who thinks they know. It is crap. I literally have spent the last 6 years looking and reading, and the only true source for pitching knowledge is right here(or the individuals who have moved on from here but know IR). You are barking up the wrong tree here.

In this thread you have changed what you are arguing and not completely making sense with most of your posts. So not sure your agenda.

And to call Texasheat lazy, when you have only just saw the IR thread is interesting. If you spent hundreds of hours already on the internet, you would have already found the info that BM put out there in 2009. Maybe your internet doesn't work.

I usually try to only contribute positive and helpful posts, but I am so confused by your posts. Boggles my mind.

Jul 14, 2008
1st thing I saw this morning in the I/R in the Classroom was your hand being under the ball in the "Liberty Drill" & "Show it And Throw it" like Carly and Cat's. That still you have of Larry Wendel is the same location of hand and elbow positioning as Eddie Feigner. Maybe its an old man thing lol. And yes there are excellent instructors that teach turning the ball to the outside of the circle early. Like I said, I am an avid student and will pick the brains of many so I can make adjustments to the player that suit their needs, not mine. Sort of like hitting, fielding and throwing.

Once again thank you sir.

Yes hand under the ball, or what I termed " loading the arm", and "palm up at 9:00" way back when. But seriously Sky, until you can name ONE high level instructor that you know for a fact teaches turning the ball inside-out on the way up the circle, and that doesn't include the guy you posted who I don't consider a high level teacher based on his 2 video's, I'm going to have to say you learned something about the pitching motion in this thread and leave it at that. When you name one, I'll verify it. If you can't, that's ok too. I'm always happy to pass along facts about the pitching motion.

Mar 28, 2014
Yes hand under the ball, or what I termed " loading the arm", and "palm up at 9:00" way back when. But seriously Sky, until you can name ONE high level instructor that you know for a fact teaches turning the ball inside-out on the way up the circle, and that doesn't include the guy you posted who I don't consider a high level teacher based on his 2 video's, I'm going to have to say you learned something about the pitching motion in this thread and leave it at that. When you name one, I'll verify it. If you can't, that's ok too. I'm always happy to pass along facts about the pitching motion.
He wouldn't tell me the name of one. Wanted me to find it on my own and then called me lazy for not searching through hundreds of videos. Good luck to you boardmember.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Your as lazy as I thought
I apologize for insulting you. Very bad day on my part.

It's a long story, but I was thrust into teaching a group of 8 & 9 year old girls by watching a HE coach at one practice. The 2nd practice I recognized something just wasn't right, recognizing that if all the girls were struggling then it was me.

So I went to Youtube and starting watching games from PGF to rec ball and the myriad of pitching coaches hour after hour. In the PGF games, I would look for a kid was wasn't gassed by the middle innings because I figured the coach new about developing the mental aspect of pitching rather than just throwing as hard as you can.

Talked to a lot of people around the country. Amazed at how cordial most of them were while spending a lot of time with me.

Once again, my bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45