Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok. Seem to be missing the point of why TTB is bad. It’s not adjustable. Yes you can start faster or can you? What I believe has a running start. Yours does not. Your core and barrel go at the same time. No running start. All brute force and speed. No adjustability. In a good swing lag is achieved immediately until release. The core will get out in front aka running start.

Change of speed is why pitchers are good. Not velo. Those guys get 1 inning a game.

Oops. This is for FP. You can respond as well Pattar if you like. 2 birds ...

Apparently you do not understand TTB. I agree that "your belief of TTB" is not adjustable. But you are using a faulty definition...

Jun 8, 2016

When does Acuna make his adjustment?

After foot down?

bGbJEFg.gif

You don't think he is adjusting his body at/before launch? You didn't answer my question but I take it the answer is yes, for you all adjustment is done after launch. Also, imo yes there are adjustments made after launch and getting the barrel up to speed early doesn't prevent these anymore than your "A to B"

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
W=w, let me ask you a question (channeling my inner FFS.. :p). Why do great hitters get worse as they age? Do their mechanics get worse?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
bGbJEFg.gif

You don't think he is adjusting his body at/before launch? You didn't answer my question but I take it the answer is yes, for you all adjustment is done after launch. Also, imo yes there are adjustments made after launch and getting the barrel up to speed early doesn't prevent these anymore than your "A to B"

No adjustments can be made until the front toe touches the ground. Kinetic chain. From there timing is of the essence. Pitches up or in or both quicker adjustments are needed. Lower and away pitches the front foot will usually sink in longer, longer arc to the ball as well. Change of speeds. That what good pitchers do. Up an in , low and away. Disrupt timing with movement. Pitchers ultimate defense. Speed you up, slow you down.

Adjustments are made with the hands. The body conforms to those adjustments. No ‘manufactured’ tilt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877