Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
When I hear ‘race’ in hitting. There’s only 1 who portrays it that way. You know who...

Don't much care who portrays it... You know my thoughts on that petty garbage...

My goal is to have the greatest possible bat speed at the point of impact. You know the new buzzwords all the cool kids are talking about, such as Exit Velocity, Ball Exit Speed, etc. The only way to do that is to start acceleration as soon as possible. Accelerate at launch. You like to talk facts. Well it is a proven fact (multiple studies) that there is a positive relationship between Exit Velocity and batted ball distance. So it's a matter of creating the highest EV while reducing the time between commitment and impact, i.e adjustability.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
W=w, let me ask you a question (channeling my inner FFS.. :p). Why do great hitters get worse as they age? Do their mechanics get worse?
Well as a washed up b-ball player. I can tell you it was my legs that betrayed me. Way better court vision as I got older. Adapt to survive :) . Where’s Lorne? I’m still quick. Just not sturdy. Balance is shot.

Need your legs to play sports.

Jun 8, 2016

No adjustments can be made until the front toe touches the ground. Kinetic chain. From there timing is of the essence. Pitches up or in or both quicker adjustments are needed. Lower and away pitches the front foot will usually sink in longer, longer arc to the ball as well. Change of speeds. That what good pitchers do. Up an in , low and away. Disrupt timing with movement. Pitchers ultimate defense. Speed you up, slow you down.

Adjustments are made with the hands. The body conforms to those adjustments. No ‘manufactured’ tilt.

Again, answer my question. In that 6 frame gif of Cabrera you see no difference in posture/body position before at/launch? Yes or no?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Don't much care who portrays it... You know my thoughts on that petty garbage...

My goal is to have the greatest possible bat speed at the point of impact. You know the new buzzwords all the cool kids are talking about, such as Exit Velocity, Ball Exit Speed, etc. The only way to do that is to start acceleration as soon as possible. Accelerate at launch. You like to talk facts. Well it is a proven fact (multiple studies) that there is a positive relationship between Exit Velocity and batted ball distance. So it's a matter of creating the highest EV while reducing the time between commitment and impact, i.e adjustability.

I appreciate the response. Finally got a stance from you. So it’s about distance and power correct? Now I know why you like TTB. To each his own. :)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Pattar,

The eyes tell the brain. The brain tells the hands. The hands tell the body to stay closed or open up or stay tall or sink or wait. Or get outta the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619