Jenna Lilley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
If you like a shorter to ball, you would start with a tighter angle. Its simple, the knob stays closer to your body. If you like the long level thats fine.

I get the angle not increasing idealy, but it happens, when they get fooled. I like cabreras angle better, for softball, and youth.
mlb_g_cabrera1_sy_400.jpg

If you get that back arm long, you are getting long in your swing.

think the pad helps with the angle? or just a pad?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
DD and I went to the game today vs UCLA and Jenna gave us a minute for an autograph and picture. She was still pretty swollen but said the Doc's are talking about clearing her for Stanford. Really wished we could have seen her play today but glad to hear she's ok and looking forward to getting back on the field!
IMG_5705.jpg

Last edited:
May 30, 2014
Oregon
^^^^ Easily my favorite player in college softball.

She looks better than I expected, hope she's back on the field soon. Based on Oregon's record without her, they need her back. Thanks for sharing.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Thanks for sharing Ken. We are taking our 10u 12u and 14u on the 17th, ducks beavers.

All the pitchers are doing great Ken, i am most surprised by the smallest you worked with, Danika, who although very small and only 9, has improved the quickest.

Abby, the mini lefty Jenny Finch, is i think going to be the real deal. Thier first games are next saturday, ill let you know how they do.
Thanks again

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD and I were at the game when Jenna went down. Her screams of pain echoed through the Jane. She's a tough player, and hearing her in that much agony was a rough scene to witness. It will be very good to see her back in action. Go, Jenna!

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Get well soon Jenna. You're a gamer.

"It's a plus!"
-Jenna Lilley

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
If you like a shorter to ball, you would start with a tighter angle. Its simple, the knob stays closer to your body. If you like the long level thats fine.

I get the angle not increasing idealy, but it happens, when they get fooled. I like cabreras angle better, for softball, and youth.
mlb_g_cabrera1_sy_400.jpg

If you get that back arm long, you are getting long in your swing.

think the pad helps with the angle? or just a pad?

That is a great angle at apex of the gather. Does his angle change when he plants his front foot?

Barring out is bad. Barry had a brace that made it impossible to bar out. Cabreras pad doesnt look like it restricts lead arm extension as much, but I think it does help with the angle.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
That is a great angle at apex of the gather. Does his angle change when he plants his front foot?

Barring out is bad. Barry had a brace that made it impossible to bar out. Cabreras pad doesnt look like it restricts lead arm extension as much, but I think it does help with the angle.

Miggy_Side_ST.gif

He has a very squared up foot plant. If he played on my 14u team, i would let him put his foot down however he wanted.

I also think that his brace restricts total bar.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Mann-

Do you teach the lead arm streach (walking away from the hands) that cabrera does? Im asking cause the hitting coach my DD sees doesnt.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Thanks for sharing Ken. We are taking our 10u 12u and 14u on the 17th, ducks beavers.

All the pitchers are doing great Ken, i am most surprised by the smallest you worked with, Danika, who although very small and only 9, has improved the quickest.

Abby, the mini lefty Jenny Finch, is i think going to be the real deal. Thier first games are next saturday, ill let you know how they do.
Thanks again

Thank you for the updates--I really appreciate those! (Hint, hint to anyone else I've worked with...!)

Really wanting to see a Beavers game and was hoping to get to one vs Cal, but missed those and have an eye on a UW game...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors