Jenna Lilley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Where/when does swing launch begin in the gifs?

F quoted someone who said something like 'no flexion just before contact'. Where is 'just before contact'?

I see her bend slightly early in her swing but fo sho she aint bending into contact. She is extending into contact.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, looks like she simply mis-timed an inner half pitch and pulled her hands in to barrel it up.

This was the 'cleaned up alot' swing f was talking about yet I see more pre launch lead arm bend in this swing than any of the others. I still see lead arm extension into/just before contact tho.

Baseball/softball Is a game of adjustments. If anyone has any tips on how to teach the adjustment she made im all ears.

May 3, 2014
Just doing a fun comparison on how some swings look as the front foot gets weighted

KI8dZh.gif

roQxap.gif

vespP9.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I enjoy discussing the smallest details of hitting more than exchanging personal insults. Dry your eyes and tell me if you consider the lines you drew as an accurate representation of her arm angle. You have ducked (get it UofO ducks ha ha) the question a few times.

Thanks F

Dry my eyes? You are funny guy Ian.

Oh wait, you wish to discuss the "smallest details" :).

There is no need to let the concept confuse anyone. Those having a difficult time with it can review Doc Yeager's advocation of "maintaining lead-arm extension to contact". He does a decent job of explaining it. It's a relatively simple concept. The notion is somewhat related, but better, than notions such as "maintain the box", "turning the triangle", swings with a 'connection-bar' like contraption, etc..

Understand the lead arm usage and its role in the swing. Those wishing to better understand frontside body usage will find it helpful to get a handle on lead arm usage.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Dry my eyes? You are funny guy Ian.

Oh wait, you wish to discuss the "smallest details" :).

There is no need to let the concept confuse anyone. Those having a difficult time with it can review Doc Yeager's advocation of "maintaining lead-arm extension to contact". He does a decent job of explaining it. It's a relatively simple concept. The notion is somewhat related, but better, than notions such as "maintain the box", "turning the triangle", swings with a 'connection-bar' like contraption, etc..

Understand the lead arm usage and its role in the swing. Those wishing to better understand frontside body usage will find it helpful to get a handle on lead arm usage.

Cool. Im happy you now realize she is extending into contact. It took a while but I think you finally got it. You also learned a valuble lesson on analyzing swings by drawing lines, so thats good.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
yeager teaches a long swing, and likes to teach a golfers approach, with that long front arm.

this is something i do not like. Keeping flex in the front arm is a task that most youth do not do naturally, although they can lengthen the front arm from birth.

he likes to to teach his hitters to hit the with a golf swing, actually teaching long arms like the softball is on a golf tee, while i like to teach the girls a more traditional arm position.
In the power contact position. power_contact_baseball_bat_point.jpg

Yeagers way would have this player long arm, flex, long arm. the front arm is as important as the rear arm.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Cool. Im happy you now realize she is extending into contact. It took a while but I think you finally got it. You also learned a valuble lesson on analyzing swings by drawing lines, so thats good.

Of course she extends into contact. I find it odd that is even a discussion point.

Jan 3, 2014
Lilley's pretty damn good. Maybe she's right and the rest of us are flawed.
:)

I'd be happy if I could swing like that and have that success at the level she's at. If DD had that swing I'd be over the top thrilled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtp1221