Howard, Where Are You Going To Be Next?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
They list a Got Bustos Clinic on February 20, 2010 in Dacula, GA, a coach clinic on February 19, 2010. I hope that is legit.

I found a list of D1 teams BA, HR, F% etc through 04/19/2010 they should have had maybe 6 – 8 games remaining. I don’t know why, but was not able to find one on the complete season. Link below.

At one of the college clinics my daughter attended they advised when you practice; practice to hit the best pitching you will face. You should be good enough to hit the average and below pitcher. The test will come when you face the best pitching. In order for your team to win the tournament hitters need to be up to the task of hitting the best pitching.

I totally agree that some coaches do more harm than good. My girl has attended camps at Alabama & Georgia and I think both were good camps. The old saying of only take the advice of someone successful needs to apply. I’m on this form trying to be some one who is part of the solution and not part of the problem.

The best clinic in the world is only as good as what you bring home, apply and practice.
I’ve read where someone advised that it took 1,500 repetitions to change a muscle memory 10,000 times to prefect it.

Old Vince Lombardi saying; Success is when preparation meets opportunity.

Do not know the Georgia coach however Pat Murphy is class and knowledge. Give Coach Larabee a try also at Arkansas as he had the best clinics at Wright State or in this area in my opinion and is already missed!

Another Vince saying,"Success only comes before Hard Work in the dictionary!"

Thanks Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 19, 2009
Do not know the Georgia coach however Pat Murphy is class and knowledge. Give Coach Larabee a try also at Arkansas as he had the best clinics at Wright State or in this area in my opinion and is already missed!

Another Vince saying,"Success only comes before Hard Work in the dictionary!"

Thanks Howard

You’ve referenced coach Larabee at Arkansas unfortunately he is a bit far for us to travel too. Arkansas some times plays University of Tenseness at Chattanooga or in a tournament UTC host if they play this year I will make it a point to go see them. I always try to get there early and watch drills and batting practice, we did that at Georgia and coach Lu Harris-Champer came over and talk to us a super nice lady, asking about my daughters interest in softball.

Coach Murphy is a class person and so are the people at Georgia, Georgia actually out hit Alabama in 2009 if you count successful as a guide both are great programs and good places to attend camps to learn.

In the preseason poll Alabama is # 2 and Georgia is # 7.

On Feb 19 & 20 2010 they are advertising a Got Bustos clinic at Dacula, GA Jack Sports Center are you going to be there and are you aware of it?

Last edited:

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
I am not sure if that is going to happen so I will decline to answer that question however you might want to ask whoever is sponsoring it if it is still going to happen and let me know what they say.

Thanks Howard

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
I am not sure if that is going to happen so I will decline to answer that question however you might want to ask whoever is sponsoring it if it is still going to happen and let me know what they say.

Thanks Howard

Just got a hold of her and she will be there however I am not making that trip this time.

Thanks Howard

Oct 19, 2009
No one is answering the phone, but it is still listed on the web sight. I signed myself up for the coach clinic and my daughter for the hitting clinic, but have not heard back from them yet.

I did not see where you listed it on this thread and began to wonder.

I will keep trying the phone.

TodaysFACES Youth Sports Camps and Clinics

Oct 19, 2009
Just got a hold of her and she will be there however I am not making that trip this time.

Thanks Howard

I posted before I saw your reply.

Sorry you want make the trip I was looking forward to meeting you. My daughter and myself are looking forward to meeting Crystal Bustos and learning from her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32