good video of Ueno VS. Osterman, yesterday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Wow thanks for posting that Amy! Bored in meetings today and this is just what the doctor ordered.

Osterman looks huge, makes that field look small.

I love the bunt plays (Back to back) at 12:24. First baseman makes a great play here, but this is a perfect example of why you should cant the bat 45 degrees when bunting. Same team pops another one up a minute later.

Love the small ball going on here.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The game looks different. I asked her on FB, if there is really that much difference. Check out the rest of the posts from Japan, on that same link.

Note how odd her catcher, Megan Willis looks with the long blond hair, next to all the Japanese.

Most of the USA team is over there playing. Taryne Mowatt arrived in Holland this week and is thoroughly enjoying being there, too.

Jul 26, 2010
The game looks weird because it's played on a baseball field. Baseball bases are 90' apart and the fence is 400' or so. So with the 60' softball bases at 2/3 this looks right. Must be weird to slide on turf though.

It's great to know our girls can go earn some money playing the game they love so much, even if it's in another country half a world away.

-W

Feb 16, 2009
That was so awesome! Thank you for posting it. I loved how all the players had smiles on their faces throughout the game.

Jul 26, 2010
I love this format, can watch the whole game in 20 min. Gonna play these games for my players. The fact that there are no commentators (that they can understand) makes it invaluable, I can get the girls own opinions on each play.

You rock Amy!

-W

May 18, 2009
How much do they make playing the game over there? I like softball more than baseball. The game is so much quicker. Would love pro play over here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207