Junior college head coach pay

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
After conversations about five different
junior colleges in calif.
Junior college head coach pay scale
$10,000 to $15,000.

*There may be some junior colleges that pay more than this or less.

This is a position that includes the need for recruiting, setting up camps in the summer, preseason and during season schedules.
Handling dilemmas with players and producing a team that can stay academically eligible.
Including all the practice time, roster facilitation, and coaching games.
* With the bigger picture of hopefully getting students/players to move on
to a 4-year college.

Kind of sad that (these)Junior College's
can't / don't
do better on pay scale 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think it is a case of supply and demand too. Lot of ex-players that want to stay in the game. If they run a successful program perhaps they could climb the coaching ladder.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Here in Florida most JUCO softball head coaching roles generally pay anywhere between $60,000 and $80,000 according to public records. Looking at most colleges it is mostly $60,000 even at some programs which are not particularly stellar.

JUCO is massively strong in Florida for variety of reasons. For the decent programs (i.e. the ones competing for nationals), HC is in the $75,000-$80,000 range with at least 2 assistants in the $20,000 range. Programs such as Florida Southwestern, Chipola, etc. are basically D1 quality programs in terms of talent.

Just looked at the Florida JUCO Div 2 HC salaries - they ranged from $25k-$50k as well. So better than other states apparently.

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
A small sample in my state shows a JUCO HC range of ~$15-38K. Looking at a couple of DIIs, both were ~$50-55K. LOTS of work for that level of pay. Must be enough people who want to do it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The long-term head coach of my local SUNY D1 school made $98K in 2021. She doesn't teach at the school, so that's her main source of income. She makes extra on camps, and she has her travel expenses paid by the university.

They can't all make Gasso money...

Oct 26, 2019
Head coaching softball is a side hustle. Crazy.
I teach at a high school and one of our teachers recently resigned as the head women’s volleyball coach at Norfolk State University. That’s a division one head volleyball coach who had to teach at a local high school full time because his pay was so low. A lot of times the expectation for success at some of the schools for certain sports is as low as the pay, so at least that I guess…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00