Why we need some kind of pitch/inning count in softball!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Because some coaches and some parents are to ignorant to know better and to stupid to care.
Watched a girl pitch 6 straight games last night. If you figure she was averaging 75 pitches a game then ad in warm ups that puts you at 100 pitches per game easy. So in 12 hours or so she threw at least 600 pitches.
This is why I say people just don’t care as much about little girls as the do little boys. This crap has to stop.

Jul 19, 2021
Because some coaches and some parents are to ignorant to know better and to stupid to care.
Watched a girl pitch 6 straight games last night. If you figure she was averaging 75 pitches a game then ad in warm ups that puts you at 100 pitches per game easy. So in 12 hours or so she threw at least 600 pitches.
This is why I say people just don’t care as much about little girls as the do little boys. This crap has to stop.
Parents need to be their DD's advocate in these situations. Shame on that parent for not stepping in. I personally left a tournament one time after my DD pitched her 2nd game of the day. We only had 2 pitchers scheduled for that weekend as our 3rd was sick and then lo and behold the other pitcher that was supposed to play got sick. Our coach did nothing to alleviate the issue and thought it would be just fine if my DD pitched every game. I thought otherwise and left with her after the 2nd game. Lazy coach got off her butt and found another pitcher to pitch the rest of the games that day.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021
Parents need to be their DD's advocate in these situations. Shame on that parent for not stepping in. I personally left a tournament one time after my DD pitched her 2nd game of the day. We only had 2 pitchers scheduled for that weekend as our 3rd was sick and then lo and behold the other pitcher that was supposed to play got sick. Our coach did nothing to alleviate the issue and thought it would be just fine if my DD pitched every game. I thought otherwise and left with her after the 2nd game. Lazy coach got off her butt and found another pitcher to pitch the rest of the games that day.
The parents are just as stupid as the coaches. This kind of stuff will never end untill the associations set limits to stop it. Like the LL association has.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
One the "coaches" on this site tried to tell me that the underhand motion can't be compared to the overhand motion because he could throw 200-300 front toss pitches on back-to-back days with no pain. While I agreed that the motion wasn't the same, I asked him if he went through a full wind-up on every pitch and threw with max effort. To my utter shock, I got no response.

Girls can get hurt just as easily as boys. It tends not to be Tommy John surgery, but if you let these coaches run them into the ground, they will get hurt.

May 18, 2019
While I am typically not one to defend parents/coaches, I don’t think that’s it. It’s the underhand throwing is “easier on the arm” mantra, which while true, is taken to extremes.
I'm more and more convinced that is part truth, part genuine lack of knowledge but also a huge dose of utter disregard for the health of the pitcher. We'll never know how many girls that could have loved the game that flamed out because of this but I'd guess we are north of 30% through high school. I also think with the massive shortage of pitchers at older levels, it's a massive disservice to the game to not share the load at younger levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00