Junior college head coach pay

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I teach at a high school and one of our teachers recently resigned as the head women’s volleyball coach at Norfolk State University. That’s a division one head volleyball coach who had to teach at a local high school full time because his pay was so low. A lot of times the expectation for success at some of the schools for certain sports is as low as the pay, so at least that I guess…

Interesting.

I'm a bit opposed (though it's kind of a "whatever") to college coaches getting $17 million per year, but I'm certainly more opposed to it not even being a job where one can make a modest living. Yikes.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
What bothers me is the ridiculous buyout clauses in the football HC contracts. Jimbo Fisher gets $95 MILLION(!!!) to go away if A&M chooses. I would love to tell the AD that I would have gone away for only 10% of that, and my record wouldn't have been that much worse.
I get that many football programs help fund other sports, but when you get to the point of throwing away goofy dollar amounts, you can't help but think how even a small portion of that would make a huge difference in funding other sports.

Jan 28, 2017
Looked up the salaries of a top FL JUCO from 2021. HC $77,000, assistant $32,000, and assistant $18,000. Not sure how housing and other stuff worked but housing was involved also. Not sure how you get paid for camps, lessons, vehicles, gas, and so on.

Oct 26, 2019
Interesting.

I'm a bit opposed (though it's kind of a "whatever") to college coaches getting $17 million per year, but I'm certainly more opposed to it not even being a job where one can make a modest living. Yikes.
Years ago my college alma mater job opened and I was interested in applying. It is a public D3 school. I would’ve made less as the head coach there than I was making teaching high school. The job required a masters degree, which I have, I just thought that was an interesting job requirement.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
What bothers me is the ridiculous buyout clauses in the football HC contracts. Jimbo Fisher gets $95 MILLION(!!!) to go away if A&M chooses. I would love to tell the AD that I would have gone away for only 10% of that, and my record wouldn't have been that much worse.
I get that many football programs help fund other sports, but when you get to the point of throwing away goofy dollar amounts, you can't help but think how even a small portion of that would make a huge difference in funding other sports.
I read that and I can't help but think about how negotiations went. "Jimbo, we are offering a $85,000,000 buy out clause."
To which Jimbo angrily replies, "No way in hell you're going to low ball me like that, do you want me to walk now?"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00