Can we start a dialog about food options at the fields?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Thanks for the tips! You mean like a home popsicle making kit and using pickle juice?
Icees (Giant Otter Pops, not the cheap ones) are also a hit.
The absolute easiest moneymaker is making pickle shots and selling them (50 cents each or 5 for 2.25). Just take some of those small 2oz plastic cups (got about 500 on amazon for under 15 bucks), fill with pickle juice, and freeze them. Just be prepared for them to sell extremely fast.

Oct 4, 2018
The absolute easiest moneymaker is making pickle shots and selling them (50 cents each or 5 for 2.25). Just take some of those small 2oz plastic cups (got about 500 on amazon for under 15 bucks), fill with pickle juice, and freeze them. Just be prepared for them to sell extremely fast.

... and do people actually like them? Or is it just fun to have?

I'm not all that into frozen pickle juice. Then again, I'm not a 12 year old female softball player.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana

I'm not all that into frozen pickle juice. Then again, I'm not a 12 year old female softball player.
The kids absolutely love them bc its such a large amount of electrolytes.

Never thought Id see the day that we'd sell pickle juice snoballs but they sell pretty well. Also do pickle juice popsicles (those are bought) but they sell like crazy.

Jul 11, 2023

They make pickle vodka if just the juice alone isn't adult enough.

Was it the Philadelphia Eagles that made pickle juice trendy years ago? Or maybe it just goes in waves. I just remember learning about its hydrating ability through football.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
The kids absolutely love them bc its such a large amount of electrolytes.

Never thought Id see the day that we'd sell pickle juice snoballs but they sell pretty well. Also do pickle juice popsicles (those are bought) but they sell like crazy.

Kids love electrolytes?

I'm not sure mine knows what one is.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Kids love electrolytes?

I'm not sure mine knows what one is.
Mine loves electrolytes but refuses to eat pickles. She'll drink the hell out of some Liquid IV but try to have her eat a pickle real quick and she'd rather feel like death hit her :rolleyes:

May 29, 2015
They make pickle vodka if just the juice alone isn't adult enough.

Was it the Philadelphia Eagles that made pickle juice trendy years ago? Or maybe it just goes in waves. I just remember learning about its hydrating ability through football.

Years ago?! It was DECADES ago when we were doing it!

The evil side of me wanted to make jalapeno-cicles and see what happened.

Jan 22, 2011

Never heard of pickle juice shots for sale in my area. I'll have to ask around. MyDD hates to eat pickles, but we do have a jar of pickles in our refrigerator because a couple of times a year my DD does want to drink some pickle juice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles