Easton SRV5B

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
So I have a brand-new Easton SRV5B (33/24) in the wrapper that has the USSSA stamp and wondering how long this bat will be ASA/NSA legal. If it won't be legal after this year I'll probably sell it, since my daughter won't be big enough to use it for another couple of years. Any indication on what happens after 2014?

Oct 10, 2011
Bat

I've never heard of a SRV5B with the new Utrip stamp. ..4 but not 5B. As far as I know, you are good with ASA for awhile.
Put a few hundred hard swings on that bad boy and if it has the new stamp, you have a real gem!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I'll have to get some pics of it later...it's definitely the 5B (blue/silver) and definitely has a USSSA stamp on it, maybe it's not the "new" USSSA stamp?

Oct 10, 2011
stamp

That's what I'm thinking. Still good for high school, ASA, etc...
BTW DD didn't like hers until I broke it in and then she was like OMG!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
So apparently I'm an idiot...it's an SRV4B, 33/23. The SRV5B that I bought was for my younger daughter and is a 31/22. I'm not worried about that one, it's already in use for this season.

I assume the 4B with the USSSA 1.20BPF stamp will be OK for the foreseeable future, assuming I keep it in storage for when the little one gets big enough to swing it? Or should I sell it to someone who can use it now?

Nov 15, 2013
So apparently I'm an idiot...it's an SRV4B, 33/23. The SRV5B that I bought was for my younger daughter and is a 31/22. I'm not worried about that one, it's already in use for this season.

I assume the 4B with the USSSA 1.20BPF stamp will be OK for the foreseeable future, assuming I keep it in storage for when the little one gets big enough to swing it? Or should I sell it to someone who can use it now?

Is it the new USSSA stamp (with all the squigglies) or the old USSSA stamp?

A USSSA stamp shouldn't really matter unless you're in an area that has a lot of USSSA tournaments. We have hardly any out here and it just isn't a worry. It will have no effect at all on ASA, NSA or other sanctioning bodies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy