Bat other than Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2018
Anderson Rocketech. Kids don’t like the sound of it at first but once the balls start going over the fence they stop caring about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, two girls I know both really, really dislike the sound of it.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
DD loves the Ghost Advanced and switches back and forth between it and the Slugger LXT. Unfortunately, the Sluggers are not that durable either.

End of the day, it's a small part of the overall cost of softball so we just keep buying 'em. I look at it like I buy the bat and know I will get a warranty claim so it's like a 2-for-1 deal!

May 20, 2015
DD1 informed me today that she has also fully jumped ship from GA to Mantra - and that her 33/23 is now "hot as hell" - so dad said no more swings, it's all power carbon until game time lol

Jun 27, 2018
DD was a a ghost kid for awhile but is now all Xeno -9, with a PC -10 back up. Still has a Ghost for a back up-back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 8, 2021
My daughter is another that went through a lot of ghosts. I got her a xeno as a cage bat through the winter and she absolutely loves it.

One thing you may want to check, take a look at the balls that you are hitting with the ghost. One of the teammates of my daughter was breaking ghosts on tee work. She was hitting some balls that were absolute rocks, and that was making the durability even lower than what it actually is.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
My DD also went from a Ghost to a Xeno because I got a good deal and thought she could use it for BP. She ended up liking it, and uses it all the time now.

We did the same thing. Although DD still prefers the Ghost for games.

Her TB team will setup hitting stations. One of which is hitting off a pitching machine. So she’ll use the Xeno there but then never switch to the Ghost when moving to tee or front toss.

I swear the Xeno we found is as lively as any Ghost. But I’ve never actually measured the exit velocity to prove it.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD loves the Ghost Advanced and switches back and forth between it and the Slugger LXT. Unfortunately, the Sluggers are not that durable either.

End of the day, it's a small part of the overall cost of softball so we just keep buying 'em. I look at it like I buy the bat and know I will get a warranty claim so it's like a 2-for-1 deal!

One of the first pieces of advise I got when entering DD to travel….. “Don’t count your receipts”

Now I understand why.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Louisville Slugger and Demarini both make great bats that hold up well. All will hit balls hard and out. DD hit HRs, some opposite field and some not even quite square, and she never broke anything. She used her bats for everything except machine work. I don't quite understand why people keep messing with Easton Ghosts. I worked a nationals tournament...one that did pre-tournment bat certs and pre-game inspections. The Eastons made up nearly all of the failed bats. Cracks and joint failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles