Easton SRV5B

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2013
A USSSA stamp shouldn't really matter unless you're in an area that has a lot of USSSA tournaments. We have hardly any out here and it just isn't a worry. It will have no effect at all on ASA, NSA or other sanctioning bodies.

He seemed to think the USSSA stamp was important, so maybe his team plays a lot of USSSA tournaments? Just because your team only plays PGF doesn't mean that every team is that way.

He seemed to think the USSSA stamp was important, so maybe his team plays a lot of USSSA tournaments? Just because your team only plays PGF doesn't mean that every team is that way.
That was my point. I had a dad run out and buy his DD a new bat because he read online that her SRV4B would be illegal because it "didn't have the new stamp." Ironically, USSSA doesn't even put on tournaments in our area so the purchase was unnecessary.

I'm all for getting new bats, though. He just didn't need to because he had bad info. :)

We do play a lot of USSSA out here, so it is a concern for anyone who plays locally. The bat has the "squiggly" USSSA stamp.

View attachment 5250
That's the new one! I think they refer to it as "the thumbprint" in some circles.

I found one with the new stamp online in DD's preferred 32/22 size and bought it, mainly so she can have a backup to her broken-in game bat and just in case we ever travel far enough and perhaps play in a USSSA tourney. She also has a 32/23 LXT so I guess she'd be covered, but I couldn't pass up another SRV4B!

Jul 10, 2011
So apparently I'm an idiot...it's an SRV4B, 33/23. The SRV5B that I bought was for my younger daughter and is a 31/22. I'm not worried about that one, it's already in use for this season.

I assume the 4B with the USSSA 1.20BPF stamp will be OK for the foreseeable future, assuming I keep it in storage for when the little one gets big enough to swing it? Or should I sell it to someone who can use it now?

Scotty...inbox me if your willing to sell!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves