Bat other than Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
First of all, you are looking at a USSSA compression machine...the numbers are completely different. The 1000 PSI is USA/ASA numbers on
the USA/ASA machine!!!! NOT the usssa machine. And then you throw out there that most of the pics are from illegally rolled bats...haha.
Thats the reason people roll bats. Those people are probably using the machine pics to show you that their "services" work :)

At 1200 psi...the number would be 161 on a usssa tester. Now figure out what 1000 would be. Every 25 points is about 6 on the usssa machine. So 200
would equal 48 more points under. So 161 less 48 = 113 on a usssa tester!!! So 1000 psi on a usssa machine would be about
113 give or take a point or two...I see no numbers there that are below 113. 900 psi on a usssa machine would be even less. You can find conversion charts on the internet to help you with the right conversion if you are using a usssa machine and have ASA/USA numbers.
Maybe do a little more research on what you post and def before insulting others.

And again, the inner barrel is there to stop it from getting below that point. Because when ASA/USA tests bats throughout the year,
if a certain bat fails too many times, it would get banned.

And 1550 was a long time ago...almost every slowpitch bat made doesnt even have a 1550 psi anymore. Once inner tech came about
with non linear and linear bat standards, the whole psi numbers went all over.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I haven't had any warranty claims on the Meta as of yet, so that's a positive.
How would you know? They're sent directly back to the factory. The only way to know would be if you're actually a rep versus a retailer. I can name at least a dozen Metas from players around my area that had to be warrantied. Heck, one of them will have to be sent back in the next few weeks from my team due to a connection point issue.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
How would you know? They're sent directly back to the factory. The only way to know would be if you're actually a rep versus a retailer. I can name at least a dozen Metas from players around my area that had to be warrantied. Heck, one of them will have to be sent back in the next few weeks from my team due to a connection point issue.
I am a rep for a retail store who sells to my local area. I keep in contact with all my clients to see how they're doing with their equipment and get reviews. I pride myself on great client service. Also, I find most people lose their receipts and have to ask for a copy when a bat gets broken.

That's not to say there haven't been Meta X bats that have broken, but I just haven't see one yet, unlike virtually every Ghost...

Mar 8, 2016
DDs college has the new black and orange LXT. She kept telling me all spring how much pop they had and how they should be illegal. I didn't believe it till the season started. I believe it now. Not just her but the whole team. There are plenty of the holy crap did you see that and also the fly balls that I didn't think were going out that clear the 215 fence. DD had never used an lxt. She liked the GA but gave up after the 2nd broke bat in less than a year. It would be hard to convince her to change now

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2019
I have posted a few times about bats for DD14. She is plowing through ghosts faster than we can get them back from Easton. Easton recommended moving her from a -10 to a -9, which we did with the 2022 Ghost Advanced. She has only swung it a few times, but loves it. She loves the Ghost/Ghost Advanced. She breaks the 2022 Ghost within 2 weeks of getting it back. I know the Ghosts are prone to breakage, I don't know if it is her or the bat, but it isn't working out. I will follow the new Ghost Advanced for the life of the warranty, but she has two 2022 Ghosts that are both broken. I can't keep them functional.

So...what other bat would you recommend? I won't be able to find a 33/24 anywhere to demo. Any 33/23 available to demo will be a Ghost or a Prism. I hear the longevity of the Louisville Meta is similar to the Ghost? DeMarini FNX?

She is a power hitter, lefty, 5'7" and 175lb or so. She is pretty strong, but regular 'wow, she is strong' sort of strong not super atypically strong.

I feel sick over buying blind, but we don't know anyone with a bat like that she could even hit off of a tee with. Thoughts?
My daughter uses a marucci echo connect and she loves it. Nobody really uses this bat but it fits my daughter perfectly. It has nice pop to it. She's a triple threat and if she needs to hit for power she easily clears the fence. To me this is a sleeper bat. Everyone goes for the big name bats and I told her to be different. I may have gotten lucky I'm not sure but It was a good choice for her.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Bats fit everybody differently, thats why there are so many. What some like, others wont and vice versa. Just because
player A hits well with a bat, doesnt mean player B will. All about being comfy with what you swing.

Aug 21, 2020
Our training facility did a weeklong bat fitting with all the major bat companies. 14U DD uses a CF now, but she tested best with a MetaX. She won’t go back to a Ghost after cracking a bunch. 12U DD uses a Marucchi but tested best with the CF.

Oldest gets a new Meta and the youngest gets a broken in CF .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Weird. Alabama had several players in starting lineup tonight swinging gray (2018?) Ghosts with filthy nasty grips. Some of the 2020’s looked like they got dragged behind the team bus.

Alabama is a pretty light hitting team compared to the 12u’s launching 300 footers we have at DFP. No surprise they aren’t breaking them.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Weird. Alabama had several players in starting lineup tonight swinging gray (2018?) Ghosts with filthy nasty grips. Some of the 2020’s looked like they got dragged behind the team bus.

Alabama is a pretty light hitting team compared to the 12u’s launching 300 footers we have at DFP. No surprise they aren’t breaking them.

ISWYDT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Louisville Slugger and Demarini both make great bats that hold up well. All will hit balls hard and out. DD hit HRs, some opposite field and some not even quite square, and she never broke anything. She used her bats for everything except machine work. I don't quite understand why people keep messing with Easton Ghosts. I worked a nationals tournament...one that did pre-tournment bat certs and pre-game inspections. The Eastons made up nearly all of the failed bats. Cracks and joint failures.
I will say I'm on the Ghost train and understand they fail at a High rate. I and my daughter use them for a couple of reasons. -- -They are a SUPER hot bat "the boundries being pushed limit the hardiness of the bat", while being a very balanced boom stick.
-Customer Service is second to none in my opinion, and will just replace as many as are needed within the year time frame. damage photo, receipt pic, email company, ship, replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles