Easton backs up their warranty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
We received a warranty replacement for my dds ghost advanced. I made sure my dd broke the bat in well enough to be game ready but not overused. This was going to be a game only bat. We had our first tournament last weekend. After the first game my dd comes over to me and looked really down. I ask her what's wrong. She said it's broken. I was like no way and inspected the bat. Sure enough it was cracked.

My dd uses her old lxt for warm-ups and weighted balls. I watched her pregame and her GA didn't even come out of the bag until it was game time.

My dd has broken several ghosts over the past year. Easton has warrantied out each and every time. We sent in her previous GA for multiple cracks. We received the bat after the warranty expired on March 17th. The bat broke on April 9. So I figured Easton wouldn't do anything about it. On the following Monday I called Easton and they said they would warranty it out one last time only due to the fact we had not had the bat for for month. I was shocked.

I have to give Easton warranty dept credit. They took care of me. I give them an +A. I'm very happy. They stood behind their warranty. I sent the bat off last week. Shipping prices have went way up over the past month or month and a half. This time usps charged me 29 dollars. Last month it was 19 I believe. I had the exact same box size same insurance coverage and the same destination as last time. But 10 bucks more to ship.

My question is what should I do with the bat. My dd wants to keep and use it. Wife wants to sell it and get her something new. My dd hits hard. I'd prefer to have something with a warranty. She currently swings a 33 drop 10 Ghost Advanced.
What would you all do?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Why are you looking to replace when you know Easton will back anything up. They warrantied a bat almost a month out of the
warranty.
If your dd loves the Ghost, why worry about changing.

You're not going to get a full warranty bat for a NR bat in a trade unless its used.
If you do trade someone for a used bat...you have no idea what they did to that bat and you have no idea you will get a valid receipt when it comes.
And most of the time, someone trading doesnt have much time on the receipt. Btw, bat warranties arent transferrable. While you can
get around that issue, the manufacturer does not have to warranty any bat that changed hands.

You could prob sell it, get some money and put that towards a new bat I guess. But you are going to have to pay out of pocket.
Only going to get about half of retail for a NR bat. So prob around 250 for a new NR 2022 ADV, 150-175 for a new NR 2020 ADV
(never said what year ADV you have).

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018
I'll echo same sentiment. My DD loved her GA. It eventually broke and that was the time I took to move her up a notch.
I had gotten her a blue ghost a few months ago and she was not super happy with it, she liked the GA. So now she is in the 2022 GA, warranty replacement received and sold to offset the new bat.

And yes, I'd stay with Easton as their customer service was great.

At end of day it's not me swinging the bat and the end user has to be happy, I'm just the equipment manager.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2020
I just want to make sure my dd has a good bat. She loves her GA. I just don't want her to break this one and be down to her old lxt. She hates the lxt. Says it's too light. It's a 33 drop 10 but I know ghosts run heavy. Wife and mother in law both think that we should sell and just try to recoup some money and out toward a new bat.

May 16, 2016
My question is what should I do with the bat. My dd wants to keep and use it. Wife wants to sell it and get her something new. My dd hits hard. I'd prefer to have something with a warranty. She currently swings a 33 drop 10 Ghost Advanced.

Keep it as a back up. Of course, I am not the best person to ask, as I have a garage full of bats I probably should have sold.

Jun 7, 2020
I'm thinking of selling the nr bat. Then buying another bat to replace it. Just as core said. But I'm going to wait til I have it in my possession to list it for sale.
I plan on taking my dd to play it again sports this weekend between her games. Let her decide what feels the best. I want her to swing the new GA as well as a couple other bats. She mentioned the mantra to me a bit ago. We will see. May have her swing some drop 9s as well as 10s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog