Easton backs up their warranty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I just want to make sure my dd has a good bat. She loves her GA. I just don't want her to break this one and be down to her old lxt. She hates the lxt. Says it's too light. It's a 33 drop 10 but I know ghosts run heavy. Wife and mother in law both think that we should sell and just try to recoup some money and out toward a new bat.

We have both those bats.

Ghost Advanced 33/23 - 23.84 ounces
LXT 33/23 - 23.17 ounces

So yes, the LXT is lighter but not by much.

Mar 7, 2016
She was out of warranty. How far was she out of warranty...sounds like she was over by quite a lot since its already end of April 22 and it was bought
early 21.

Nobody said Easton replaces bats that are out of the warranty period as a rule...do they, sometimes. But the warranty is ONE year just like
any bat. They will do anything in that one year time frame as they should...and they are great at doing so.
No other manufacturer will ever do anything outside of the one year period..no ifs, ands or buts. Easton at least
does actually help sometimes depending on the time frame. Who you get on the phone and how you act to the warranty person
are factors as well. If your bat is really close over the year, you can usually work it...not every time, but seen it more times that not.
If your bat is 2-3 months or more over the warranty, prob not gonna happen.

I have even seen people even get mad that Easton didnt start a new one year warranty on the NR bat when they got it back. It is what it is.

See thats not the part that chaps me. I spoke to customer service who instructed me to return it knowing it was two months past warranty date. Paid $45 to ship that bat and then it gets denied. I cant imagine why people who drop thousands on bats that dont last would be upset, but i get it two months is two months.

Now im told she blew up a 2021 Xeno (waiting on pic) warming up last night AND this.... bought from you Feb 9th. It was 75 degrees here yesterday. That is 4 bats in two years. two 2021 GA, one 2021 Xeno, and one 2022 GA. This is not a player who hits on connection points, she barrels a ball. Yes she swings hard with an exit velo last clocked at 76 off a tee but her GA's were GAME ONLY, the xeno was her warm up/practice bat. Just getting old real fast. Down to one 2021 GA, and a Quattro.

2022 GA
58095.jpeg

2021 GA

20220317_111244.jpg

Oct 4, 2018
It’s amazing how that works!

I was at a practice with an '06 National Champion team. At one point in their BP they were told to drop the bats and run a lap. We parents commented that every single bat was a Ghost. Every one. I almost took a photo of the bats all sitting next to one another.

They then were given three pitches each (by the coach, so easy stuff). We counted 15 home runs and stopped counting. It was impressive.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I can see being mad if they told you to ship back the bat even though it was over the warranty period then did nothing, but I was not involved in the convo and nobody really was. So I cant take either side on that issue as nobody heard the conversation. So was it a misunderstanding or not,
no idea. Usually there is a RA number given for an approved return. Sounds like there wasnt even one given. So I have no idea what went on
here but doesnt sound like something normal.

And no, most dont get upset because the warranty is one year from every manufacturer. And a ton of people actually
take advantage of the warranty dept and make sure a bat breaks before the one year is up, i dont advocate that at all.
4 bats in 2 years isnt that big of a deal...since one lasted OVER the year time frame and another wasnt even a Ghost.
For the other 2, thats why there is a warranty and you got free bats for them. Im a little different I guess,
if I get a year out of a composite bat, Im happy with it nowadays and call that a win. Yes, I still play and hit pretty hard
so I can still easily talk from the players perspective. I also am not a corporation guy, so I am actually speaking with complete
honesty.

BTW, there is no 2021 ADV unless your talking about the gold paintjob exclusive:)

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
See thats not the part that chaps me. I spoke to customer service who instructed me to return it knowing it was two months past warranty date. Paid $45 to ship that bat and then it gets denied. I cant imagine why people who drop thousands on bats that dont last would be upset, but i get it two months is two months.

Now im told she blew up a 2021 Xeno (waiting on pic) warming up last night AND this.... bought from you Feb 9th. It was 75 degrees here yesterday. That is 4 bats in two years. two 2021 GA, one 2021 Xeno, and one 2022 GA. This is not a player who hits on connection points, she barrels a ball. Yes she swings hard with an exit velo last clocked at 76 off a tee but her GA's were GAME ONLY, the xeno was her warm up/practice bat. Just getting old real fast. Down to one 2021 GA, and a Quattro.

2022 GA
View attachment 25422

2021 GA

View attachment 25423
I feel your frustration. I sold a client a 22 Advanced a few weeks back that broke after 20 swings off the tee. It didn't break in half like yours, but it sounded like a baby's rattle filled with sand. The dad went into a fit of rage over how he's tired of spending all this money on bats only to have them break in short order. The irony was his daughter was using her blue ghost up until she got the new Advanced. When I pointed that out, he said his son had broken a bunch of BBCOR bats in the last year, so that was his point of reference.

It's nice to have the warranties on the bats, but it's frustrating to lose the use of them for several weeks while you wait for their return.

Apr 7, 2014
It makes you wonder what the true cost of a Ghost bat is if they can continue to replace them over and over again - and pay shipping for most.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
But Easton does replace them and the other companies only do once. My daughter's teammates has had her Ghost replaced 3 times over 2 years and paid shipping all 3 times.
Yes, but cost has nothing to do with anything. They also dont need to replace a lot of bats either. They just keep customers happy more than
others

We all know the cost of any manufacturers bats are much less than their selling prices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee