Bat other than Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2019
I have posted a few times about bats for DD14. She is plowing through ghosts faster than we can get them back from Easton. Easton recommended moving her from a -10 to a -9, which we did with the 2022 Ghost Advanced. She has only swung it a few times, but loves it. She loves the Ghost/Ghost Advanced. She breaks the 2022 Ghost within 2 weeks of getting it back. I know the Ghosts are prone to breakage, I don't know if it is her or the bat, but it isn't working out. I will follow the new Ghost Advanced for the life of the warranty, but she has two 2022 Ghosts that are both broken. I can't keep them functional.

So...what other bat would you recommend? I won't be able to find a 33/24 anywhere to demo. Any 33/23 available to demo will be a Ghost or a Prism. I hear the longevity of the Louisville Meta is similar to the Ghost? DeMarini FNX?

She is a power hitter, lefty, 5'7" and 175lb or so. She is pretty strong, but regular 'wow, she is strong' sort of strong not super atypically strong.

I feel sick over buying blind, but we don't know anyone with a bat like that she could even hit off of a tee with. Thoughts?

Jun 8, 2016
12 YO DD uses a 32/22 Xeno. Not the most popular bat anymore, and if you want to get it below retail you will have to search on Amazon/Ebay, but seems to have decent pop and has been durable so far (knock on wood).

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Contact CoreSoftball (member on here), he will give you a solid suggestion (and rationale for it) and then provide great service at a price you will be happy about vs the stores. My DD's used a few Easton's over the years and not just the Ghosts (which we have two busted ones gathering dust in the garage. Ask him about the Mizuno...

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I have posted a few times about bats for DD14. She is plowing through ghosts faster than we can get them back from Easton. Easton recommended moving her from a -10 to a -9, which we did with the 2022 Ghost Advanced. She has only swung it a few times, but loves it. She loves the Ghost/Ghost Advanced. She breaks the 2022 Ghost within 2 weeks of getting it back. I know the Ghosts are prone to breakage, I don't know if it is her or the bat, but it isn't working out. I will follow the new Ghost Advanced for the life of the warranty, but she has two 2022 Ghosts that are both broken. I can't keep them functional.

So...what other bat would you recommend? I won't be able to find a 33/24 anywhere to demo. Any 33/23 available to demo will be a Ghost or a Prism. I hear the longevity of the Louisville Meta is similar to the Ghost? DeMarini FNX?

She is a power hitter, lefty, 5'7" and 175lb or so. She is pretty strong, but regular 'wow, she is strong' sort of strong not super atypically strong.

I feel sick over buying blind, but we don't know anyone with a bat like that she could even hit off of a tee with. Thoughts?
This is the common thread for Easton. They do have great customer service, but the complaint is durability.

Now, to your question as to other bats to use with better durability, that's a tricky question. The FNX was a great bat with good pop and fantastic durability, but it didn't sell well, so DeMarini discontinued it for 2022. DeMarini went back to the CF in -9 and -8 instead, with the -8 having the direct connection that the FNX had and the -9 having the same connection as the -10 and -11. It's a great bat that will have better durability. The LXT is in a similar position to the CF. The Meta is great, too. I haven't had any warranty claims on the Meta as of yet, so that's a positive.

If you're looking for an alternative to the bigger name bats, the Marucci Echo, Echo Connect, or the Anderson Rocketech. The Anderson is a -9 aluminum wall bat with a ton of pop but is very stiff. If your daughter is strong enough to swing it properly it can destroy the ball, and it will never break. It's also significantly less expensive than its competitors. The Marucci bats are great, too. The Echo is a one-piece and the Connect is a two-piece bat.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018
Your biggest problem is going to be convincing your DD that these bats are just as good, and have her give these bats enough of a chance to get used to the feel of the bats.

Aug 20, 2017
Trust me. The old Easton Stealth Speed bats get super hot. 2011 and 2012 models. Got to say Easton on them. Not the ones that say stealth. They need to be hit for a while but once broken in they kill it. Sound is way different from ghost. Almost sounds like hitting a tennis ball.

Also the white and the red demarini CF5’s get super hot.

May 20, 2015
Don't sleep on the Mantra - DD2 that's her go to, over the ghost.....DD1 it's her backup after the GA, but there's days she takes it out first.......DD1 has a power carbon -9, but she can't get used to it yet......I think it needs more swings

This is the common thread for Easton. Great pop, but absolutely horrible durability. They do have great customer service, but that's the only way they can keep selling their bats. To be honest, would most of you continue to spend what you do on a Ghost if they only replaced it once? I would bet not.

Now, to your question as to other bats to use with better durability, that's a tricky question. The FNX was a great bat with good pop and fantastic durability, but it didn't sell well, so DeMarini discontinued it for 2022. DeMarini went back to the CF in -9 and -8 instead, with the -8 having the direct connection that the FNX had and the -9 having the same connection as the -10 and -11. It's a great bat that will have better durability. The LXT is in a similar position to the CF. The Meta is great, too. I haven't had any warranty claims on the Meta as of yet, so that's a positive.

If you're looking for an alternative to the bigger name bats, the Marucci Echo, Echo Connect, or the Anderson Rocketech. The Anderson is a -9 aluminum wall bat with a ton of pop but is very stiff. If your daughter is strong enough to swing it properly it can destroy the ball, and it will never break. It's also significantly less expensive than its competitors. The Marucci bats are great, too. The Echo is a one-piece and the Connect is a two-piece bat.

I can get any of them for you, so feel free to contact me for a great price on any of the bats you want. 631-942-3516.

Yes we would. Because I've tried my best to get my DD to swing something else but she goes back to the Ghost every single time. Currently she's swinging a 2020 Advanced thats hot as heck. We also have a 2022 Advanced (thanks Core!) that she's working on, taking a while to open up.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yes we would. Because I've tried my best to get my DD to swing something else but she goes back to the Ghost every single time. Currently she's swinging a 2020 Advanced thats hot as heck. We also have a 2022 Advanced (thanks Core!) that she's working on, taking a while to open up.
That's your choice. I solved the problem rather simply by telling my daughters that until they're paying for the bat, I get to decide what I pay for and what I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles