My big folder of Bat Receipts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Today DD#2 broke her second LXT since coming home in June from college. The first one was her school practice bat, barrel has had "The Spins" for awhile and today she was having trouble with the grip. So instead of stopping what we were doing, I ran into the house and grabbed an identical 2020 LXT that she gave a test run on a few years ago before going back to her Ghosts. The LXT was mighty pristine. She never really took to it, and I had cleaned it all up to sell on Ebay.

She was hitting front toss. She says "I can tell this one isn't as broke in". Five pitches later, its got a big old nasty shark tooth. DAMN! I was sure it was out of warranty. It is. And it is past the two year mark where I could turn it in on the Visa card insurance. Out of luck.

While digging through my big envelope of bat receipts I decided I would total it up and see what the damages are. I have purposefully never done that. Here are the highlights:

There are receipts for 14 bats. I am missing paper on a CF4, two Rocketflexes, a Catalyst and a Miken Freak. I also had a bunch of used bats, particularly Rocketech's, an Easton Stealth Speed and a one piece Stealth SRV4b. There was also a really cool black CF3. Most were bought on Ebay.

I have receipts back to 2010. The first bat I bought was a 30" Rocketech. I remember buying it well and remember dd hitting a rec league bomb that same night with it, lol! I dated the coach of the other team in hs, and I'll never forget how mad she was when dd hit that ball, lol!

2012: a 31' Rocketech. It matched a used 2005 RT with a pinned barrel that DD#2 used as a game bat.

2014: Two 33/23 Xenos and a 33/24 Xeno. One of the 33/23's was a warranty return. One was marked "Next Day Air" so I must have really needed it fast- broken bat? The Xenos were all for DD#1

2015: a 33/24 Xeno. that was DD#1. DD#2 was still hitting Andersons.

2016: Three 33/24 Xenos but one was a warranty replacement. Darn that DD#1!

2017 -0- bats! I actually know this was true because dd#1 was off at college and dd#2 was done with Anderson and was using leftover Xenos!

2018- Two 33/25 Ghosts. I know there was a 33/23 Ghost that came before these.

2019- a year of experimentation! A 33/24 Mizuno Powr Carbon and a 34/24 Louisville LXT (The one she broke today) She never really swung either, was still hitting grey Easton 33/25's

2020- 33/25 Ghost Advanced to replace the two 2018's. I know I actually bought two but I only have paperwork on one. These two Advanced's replaced two grey Ghosts. Easton had finally told me the grey ones were out of warranty. I got one of them paid for by the Visa warranty- so I think I bought three grey Ghosts and ended up getting reimbursed for one by Visa. I ended up selling a used Advanced and a new warranty replacement Advanced last spring.

The grand total..... $3,387 for two daughters from 2010 until now.

That sounds like a lot. It really isn't because most of those bats I was able to sell after dd's were done with them.

Its been a wild ride with these two! Putting this all in writing helped me remember a lot of stuff!

Dec 11, 2010
$3,000 x 7% compounded over 18 years is math everyone with a toddler should do. Of course, most people with toddlers won’t have $3k laying around.

My 22 year old is still spending her college account. Wants to complete a masters while she works.

I’m a believer in the power of investing over time- mutual funds.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Here is my first of many big bat purchases, the 1993? Louisville TPS -9 drop. I'm not sure but this may have been one of the first fastpitch aluminum bats?
tps-1993.png

Notice that it's 19oz for my 8yr old. This is the lightweight one, after the steel one that was probably 22 oz. It's hilarious reading about kids having trouble swinging -12 bats.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
B8C8202B-BAC3-4D5C-B799-33778FDA12E5.jpegI have hs buddies that played men’s fp right after hs in the late 80’s. They pooled money to buy this badass piece of technology. 34/29!

Jun 8, 2016
Here is my first of many big bat purchases, the 1993? Louisville TPS -9 drop. I'm not sure but this may have been one of the first fastpitch aluminum bats?
View attachment 23383

Notice that it's 19oz for my 8yr old. This is the lightweight one, after the steel one that was probably 22 oz. It's hilarious reading about kids having trouble swinging -12 bats.
My sister played FP through 1994 and I think she may have used that model..it looks familiar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles