Bat other than Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2021
This year so far, after having 7 bats..... DD is a power hitter and is doing best with Marucci Echo (one piece) and the Monsta Hype. She also likes her Meta, and until this past weekend had not heard of anyone breaking theirs....but heard about 4 breaks this past weekend alone...yikes.

Dec 4, 2021
Anderson Rocketech. Kids don’t like the sound of it at first but once the balls start going over the fence they stop caring about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In previous years, DD has always preferred her Anderson as one of her top 2...not so far this year.

Dec 4, 2021
If that were true, it would be on the banned list. Thats what the inner barrel stops it from doing.
LOL..... you can find the pictures of the compression tests all over the 'net. Granted most of these pics are from rolling bats (illegal for use) but the point is, the BEFORE pics show almost all of them to be illegal according to org standards. Notice I said "...almost out of the wrapper." They aren't testing and certifying used bats. After they are broken in, they are almost all illegal, believe what you will. It's up to the orgs to enforce standards, until then swing away with them.

1647486673208.png
1647486922123.png

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
LOL..... you can find the pictures of the compression tests all over the 'net. Granted most of these pics are from rolling bats (illegal for use) but the point is, the BEFORE pics show almost all of them to be illegal according to org standards. Notice I said "...almost out of the wrapper." They aren't testing and certifying used bats. After they are broken in, they are almost all illegal, believe what you will. It's up to the orgs to enforce standards, until then swing away with them.

View attachment 25199
View attachment 25200

Gosh, I don’t know how the dozens and dozens of college teams that use Easton (including my DD’s team) are able to pass the bat inspections what with them being illegal right out of the rapper.

Dec 4, 2021
Gosh, I don’t know how the dozens and dozens of college teams that use Easton (including my DD’s team) are able to pass the bat inspections what with them being illegal right out of the rapper.

Hope her reading comprehension is stronger than yours.

Dec 4, 2021
You said “they aren’t testing and certifying used bats”. That is incorrect.

Again, your failed attempts to make a valid point are funny, and all due to your lack of reading comprehension. Again, I hope your DD's is better than yours. Go back and read r e a l l y slow (or just look up in your own post)..... I said they aren't testing AND certifying used bats. Maybe a remedial reading course would be in order. Obviously, they test bats (but not for yearly certs) all season long, but in your haste...i digress.

Like most things, it boils down to money. Many bats are granted a "backstop style" exception in the NCAA, which drastically lowered the compression rates that are allowed. Bats must meet 1550 psi at all times, except for the following. Weird how all the major manufacturers get a huge break...

"ALL BATS WHICH ARE BARREL COMPRESSION TESTED MUST MEET A MINIMUM OF 1550PSI EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING WHICH ARE NOTED ON THE APPROPRIATE LINES AND PAGES OF THE CURRENT NCAA APPROVED SOFTBALL BAT LIST:
*Demarini Models *Prism (PZF-20 & 21, PZ1-21, PZP-19, 20 & 21) -1200psi minimum
***Easton Models ***Ghost FP18GH, FP20GH & GHAD series & FP20GHCAN10, FP20GHSNS10, FP21GHADGLD -1000psi minimum and ***Ghost FP21GHADG4TG & FP22 GH, GHAD, GHT series & FP23GHUL series -900psi minimum
**Louisville Slugger **All Xeno, LXT, PXT & RXT Models -1400psi minimum; META Models -950psi minimum
*****Mizuno Models *****PWR CRBN (340471, 340472, 340498, 340527, 340528, 340529, 350551, 340552 & 340553) -1400psi minimum
****Rawlings Models ****Mantra (FP1M9 AND FP1M10) -1100psi minimum"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles