Does anyone besides me teach these things?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
slingnit actually the slingshot pitch wasn't or isn't a tactic. I've seen several slingshot pitchers to this day. Have met Coach Joyce several times being at her camps or after games. She coaches at FAU and was at her camp this past December. If you get a chance talk to her. Fantastic... She was not only softball but several different sports.

Wasn't referring to her style or the slingshot style at all. Teaching kids to go back and forth from windmill to slingshot multiple times to try to disrupt the hitter is what I was talking about.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Wassa madda BM, did I post sumthin that doesnt line up with what you teach? AGAIN?

You get hemmorroid flare ups and your panties all in a bunch over the slightest stuff. Cant be good for your blood pressure.

If you're so concerned about the integrity of this great game, why do you teach pitchers to throw side arm?

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Wasn't referring to her style or the slingshot style at all. Teaching kids to go back and forth from windmill to slingshot multiple times to try to disrupt the hitter is what I was talking about.

She used both during a game slinginit. You should watch the video. Just do a search on Joan Joyce Video.

Dec 20, 2012
Oh my gaud Skinner........I can't believe you even posted this crap........

I'm assuming you were also a coach who screamed "LOOK OUT" from the dugout as the ball was half way to the plate........Totally legal you know.........Or maybe screamed "LOOK OUT" to a 3rd baseman headed toward the dugout fence on a foul fly ball......Totally legal you know........

Let me give you people some sound advise..........RESPECT THE GAME........RESPECT ITS PLAYERS.........RESPECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME OF SOFTBALL........BEAT THE OTHER TEAM WITH HEART AND TRAINING AND RESPECT........

If you run up against people who read Skinners books.........Beat them because you are better athletes with more talent, more heart and more INTEGRITY for the game of SOFTBALL the way it was intended........

Then RUB IT IN THEIR FACES as hard as you can after you do........

One thing I'll tell you.........Skinner will never be in my foresome at a golf course........Because it takes honesty, integrity and personal accountability to play that sport..........JUST LIKE SOFTBALL.......

The ONE time BM takes Skinner golfing, what an embarrassment!!!

Caddy Shack - Danny Noonan Putt - YouTube

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Hal I'm sure you were a good pitcher, I just don't think the "sneaky tricks" in your book is what made you a good pitcher. Having read your book I won't be teaching about 90% of what's in that book to my DD.

Jul 14, 2008
Wassa madda BM, did I post sumthin that doesnt line up with what you teach? AGAIN?

You're right about this..........I would NEVER teach anyone the crap you put out as "high level"........Threads like these are an embarrassment to the pitching community sometimes.........But hey......To each his own.......

Lots of good feedback for you on this thread for sure.........Did you listen to ANY OF THEM?

If you're so concerned about the integrity of this great game, why do you teach pitchers to throw side arm?

Ya Ok Skinner........Sticks and Stones and all that 2yo crap.........

Dec 20, 2012
Slingin it,

I dont recall ever hearing if you ever pitched at all? If so, what did you accomplish, what trophied did you win? Or is everything you know about pitching come from watching videos?

Are you an instructor that learned everything from videos? Are you an instructor AT ALL?

Played just about everything(baseball, basketball, football, soccer, ping pong, golf, softball, tag) my whole life including a little fast pitch. I am a bucket dad, mainly learned to pitch with my daughter. So I have about 10 yrs experience. I do not know it all but I've seen a bit. I do have some decent speed for sitting on a bucket most lessons. Being able to throw and knowing why you are doing what your are doing is totally different. This has been argued on many threads, do you have to be a pitcher or a successful pitcher to teach pitching? NO. Being able to watch someone, recognize what is wrong and right, and being able to communicate how to make corrections are the traits needed to be a good coach, not playing for Harry's Used Cars in some 2 bit league. Some of the greatest players EVER where some of the worst coaches ever, and they have tons of trophies. But they can't translate what actions there bodies are doing into information to give students. And some people are pretty knowledgeable but have crazy ideas that ruin their credibility. Look at you, pitched since you were 3-4 months old, have more trophies than you can count, won the xyz world championships, and still rely upon goofy tricks to teach kids to get by in games. How many kids that you personally coached played college ball?? How many in D1? How many in the pros?? You can spout out all your accolades, I've heard many. But that does not make you a productive pitching coach.

May 10, 2010
A great pitcher does not need gimmicks or slight of hand to be great. If they do they would be better suited for another spot on the field. Its hard enough to teach safe mechanics to young kids without throwing in different release points and trickery. I have never pitched, but I work hard trying to learn as much as possible. Not one time has the thought of trickery ever crossed my mind. And maybe I just think the sport is suppose to be played strait up.

Dec 20, 2012
"Slingnit's Sneaky Trick of the Week"

OK kids, here's what you want to do. You know you're going to be starting the BIG game Saturday morning and the other team is anxious to face you. Now don't get there 45 minutes early like you normally do, that's what the other team is expecting. Wait it out and get there late. As game time is getting closer your opponents will be thinking "guess their star pitcher won't be here". That's just what we want them to do, start relaxing and letting their guard down! Just as your team starts to take the field you come running in from left field and take the mound. Never mind the coach has no idea what just happened, he has to realize this is your way of deceiving the other team. Your opponents will be so shocked you are at the game they will have trouble holding the bat, let alone hitting your high heat. And that kids is Slingnit's Sneaky Trick of the Week.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish