Bat out of warranty? Did you pay with a Visa card?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Was at Scheels Sporting goods, nice chain store in Iowa City Iowa today.

Store was pretty empty, so we were chatting with the gal that waited on us. She told us that when we buy a bat, if we use a Scheels Visa card we get double warranty on the bat through Visa. She had played softball and knew that bats are often out of warranty when they go south. She said that the post-manufacturer warranty goes through Visa not the bat company.

Sounds like a good deal. I remember reading quite awhile ago that my Cabela's Visa had some benefits that sounded similar. I called to ask, turns out that they say they will double any warranty up to two years on items that are not intended to be wired into a house, permanently attached to a house, will become part of real estate or is an automotive part or accessory Sure there were others but she seemed to think a defective softball bat would be covered.

I asked how I would make a claim, (not necessary since my bat is still in warranty). Basically you call, they send a claim form, you send the item back to the manufacturer for determination of whether it was defective. If it's defective Visa covers it.

Sounds a little too good to be true of course, but if anyone is in this situation you need your dated sales receipt and you need to have paid with a Visa that offers this service. Who knows, maybe someone will get DD's bat replaced this way. ww.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
Amex does this as well. I've used with treadmills and elliptical trainers (I'm a big guy, hard on equipment!) with success but haven't tried it for a bat yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32