Tired of pathetic bat durability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 12, 2021
My varsity high schooler granddaughter destroyed two more bats in practice yesterday.
I bought both bats on the same day in June so she would be ready for the new season and because her second prism was cracked and awaiting warranty replacement. When I bought the new ghost and the new mantra we already had three ghosts and two prisms sent back for warranty. It's been months and we have been told they are still trying to catch up.
Anyway...yesterday's practice off the pitching machine resulted in a ghost broken completely in two and the mantra with about a 25 degree bent in it.
So now, when we send these off today, we will have four ghosts, two prisms, and a mantra out for warranty replacement.
In the mean time, the only bat we could get for a double header today is another ghost. Another $450. When we get them all back, we'll have a sale.
Does any one have any suggestions for a good,reliable, high performance bat? Anderson rocketech carbon, mariucci echo connect, Louisville meta?

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah - my daughter uses a teammates bat with the machine. Then her teammate uses DD's bat in games... lol

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD uses dimple balls weekly on a demarini FNX without any issue. The bat is approximately 8 months old. FWIW, I don't see any demarini bats breaking. No one on DD's team uses the prism, it's not a well received bat in the ORG.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I'm not a bit surprised that a high-performance bat comes apart with a pitching machine. Unless it's a really high-end one, it throws dimple balls, and they are MUCH harder than a softball. That said, in all the years I threw dimple balls to DD's team, I never saw a bat break. Several of those kids could really swing it. Mostly those bats were Louisville Sluggers. Demarinis also tend to be pretty tough.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The Anderson (red, white and blue one) is advertise as durable in cold weather. Not sure if it can handle dimple balls. Plenty of older bats could/ can handle the dimples. Have a combat/ mendoza we got for $29 off e bay for dimple balls. Great bat.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Any Anderson Rocketech alloy!!!

*on a side note, her new meta has over 2.5k cuts easy on it and its in perfect shape. DD does use the barrel though, lots of bats breaking because the young ladies, and for that matter boys, hit the throat and ends and that destroys them JAT

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
In HS when we did use our machine ( I was the machine 95% of the time ), we still used real leather balls. Plus I went to PIAS and bought a 33" Rocketech and a 33" Nanotek, we had no problems! But we never ever used dimple balls!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478